Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to learn more about injectors and what is right for my build.

Currently running a 143cc Takegawa BBK with all associated upgrades (cam, head, PCV, etc).

The AFRs look great at around 12.5 throughout the gears and RPM range. Overall, the bike runs perfectly.

I am still using the stock injector, but I'm guessing that it's operating in the top range of its duty cycle.

I've read that changing to a bigger injector with more holes actually improves torque and combustion. I'm not sure how accurate this is, considering my AFRs are looking great.

A lot of posts suggest using the PCX150 injector or a Yuminashi 140cc injector. Will I actually see a performance boost by switching to a bigger injector?

Can someone chime in and educate me? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
If you are using the stock throttle body and stock OEM head do yourself a favor and open up the inlet tube to 26-27mm and port match that I/D to the intake port of your head and also port the intake of the head and port and polish the exhaust port and port match the exhaust port to the I/D of the exhaust pipe.

Also do a lapping of your valve and clean and polish your valves.

Not knowing what ECU you are using changing the F/I, I would stay with the Finbro 6 hole F/I if you can find one.

Stay away from piggy back ECU such as the PCV-WB02, either get a stand alone ECU or flash your OEM ECU.

Good Luck

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using a Finbro head, but stock TB.

I don't think there is anything wrong with PCV, it's used on a ton of bikes with no problems. My build is pretty mild and it works perfectly for me. I've set AFR Target to 12.5 and it holds it well.

I do not see the point of switching to a standalone at this point.

I guess my question is what advantage, of any, will I get over the stock injector?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Heck, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

This is why Jonny!

Originally Posted by Paultergeist
It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

We all have been there done that... :big smile:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think you need a bigger injector on the stock throttle body. I was running a 181 4v on the stock SF injector. I put on a 34mm throttle body and PCX150 injector but then the yoshimura exhaust became a bottleneck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts