Honda Grom banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Points for solidworks and not creo or inventor, or *shudders* solidedge.

Per franco,

(for the 2v exhaust)
Showing 28mm dia. Not sure what the flange area or the ID actually is, but meh.
The 4v is 35.5mm dia.

Glad you went with the ~16ga rather than going to a .040". Weight difference is minor, and nearly always, stronger = better.

On the studs vs bolts, yeah. Its steel into aluminum. Id be more concerned with stripping the threads/damaging the head. And i guess cross threading, which couldnt really happen with a stud (unless you removed it or came bad from the factory). As i think about Kohler's small engines, some were studs, some were cap screws. id say 70/30 (guessing), but the cap screws were always bigger, like M10 (again, guessing).

Seeing this makes me want to make my own again... Hmm...
Looking at doing an exhaust build for the grom I just picked up. Got a 2017 and want to bring the pipe back up and wondering if this was blueprinted lengths for bore x stroke x cam grind or if they where recommended by someone?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
yeah its not going to be worth my time to make them, especially since we got some super low ball offers and requests for weird variations on what was wanted. but i def encourage people to do it for themselves like i did. there was a bit of math involved in the lengths and diameters and even where the bends terminated, but over all its a 4 stroke single exhaust, not terribly complicated. have other projects taking precedence right now anyway.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Looking at doing an exhaust build for the grom I just picked up. Got a 2017 and want to bring the pipe back up and wondering if this was blueprinted lengths for bore x stroke x cam grind or if they where recommended by someone?
That's the issue with finbro stuff... Theres not much for actual specs out there. From what I remember, the 2v designation is a ~183cc (advertised at 186) with 31mm (maybe 30) intake valve, 26mm exhaust valve, and whatever finbro cam. Again, no specs on the cam.
For the 4v, I believe that was an advertised 204cc (guessing its actually 198cc), with a Koso 4v head. Finbro claims its a koso head manufactured to Finbro's specs/design, but suuurprise! the finbo specs are the same as the Koso. (insert 'I made this' comic strip/meme)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My son would love that exhaust!! I think it looks beastly. I'm surprised about the number of different things you can mod on these bikes!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts