Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
How involved is that? Perhaps a step-by-step how-to ... Grom with 200cc sounds awesome hehheh. Seems like it needs a new crank, crank case, pistons and head, right? And more fuel delivery ...

·
Registered
357 Posts
upto 180cc without splitting cases if re boring, needs the spx30 head if going over 150cc, anything over 180cc the cases need splitting and can go upto 230cc maybe more, the carbed versions in Thailand have been made upto 270cc plus on there drag scooters.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It is great to know there is so much power potential. I am not sure how big I will go as I want to keep it reliable.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Mmmmmm I would say me too but 180 is not off the table yet for me. But regardless, if we ever run into each other on the road my bike will be "stock." LOL
I wonder if the 180 cylinder would physically work with the factory head, I'm not sure by just reading if it will or won't..

It does say that if you go 150 you can simply bore out your 150 jug to accept a 180 piston so all you have to do is buy a piston kit.. Cheap to upgrade

id go with a 180 if it physically works with the stock head, port the head nice and run a PCX 30mm throttle body

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Actually after reading that it clicked, why couldn't you just buy the 150-180 piston kit, pull the factory jug and have it punched to accept the new piston?

Piston kit probably won't be more that 100$ or so and machine work is around 40$ (locally atleast) half the cost to do the same thing

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Actually after reading that it clicked, why couldn't you just buy the 150-180 piston kit, pull the factory jug and have it punched to accept the new piston?

Piston kit probably won't be more that 100$ or so and machine work is around 40$ (locally atleast) half the cost to do the same thing
Yes, and if you are going to do that, might as well go to 180 instead of 150 since it would cost the same.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Love that we will have some choices. Im sure once some US companies get a hold of the grom, we will have even more!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most all HP is in the head and pipe. You can put a huge piston and carb on a bike but it will not do much if the head, ports, valves, and pipe do not get worked. I had a KLX110 that BBR did the engine work. It would SMOKE my Pitster Pro GPX 150...... and it had a stock Kawasaki KLX110 crank and piston.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love you guy you have not yet seen them let alone ride one and you want to fit big bore kits take it from me they are good as they are LEVE THE KID ALONE. Lol

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Like I said, you are a skinning little guy. LOL I WISH I could get down to 15 stone.:sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts