Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I searched but this sites search option doesn’t seem to work too well, at least not for me, or the fact that any thread with the word “seat” in it shows up even if it’s about tires. Anyways,I just hit 200 miles on my 19 and love nearly everything about it, other than the seat. It seems to want to roll me forward and after about 5 miles my rear end is so uncomfortable I end up having to stand up on the pegs for relief. To make this quick and simple, is there anything out there worth the money or do I just suck it up and pay 400 for a Corbin? We don’t have any local upholstery shops so that option is out. I want to be able to go on longer rides but it’s just a god awful uncomfortable seat. I can’t seem to find anything besides “insert China name here” for $100ish or the Corbin at $400. I’ll buy the Corbin if that’s the only feasible option, but thought I’d check here first. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got a Corbin, and while I love it, it's heavy and it doesn't use the Honda OEM pan. Another good option is the Seat Concepts foam/cover.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a Corbin, and while I love it, it's heavy and it doesn't use the Honda OEM pan. Another good option is the Seat Concepts foam/cover.
Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but I’m leaning towards the Corbin as I usually like to keep stock parts in case I ever want to put them back on. Did it raise the seat height at all? I’m 5’8 with a short inseam and don’t really want the seat any higher at all if possible. It’s height is perfect as is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a seat concepts seat and it as well as the Corbin raise the seat height about an inch. I have sat on and ridden both, I like the seat concepts one more because it doesn’t feel as wide as the Corbin seat.

As far as keeping stock parts you could put the stock cover back on at a later date if wanted. It’s just staples.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have seat concepts as well. Price was a big tipping point for me. Like justin said, it does raise the height slightly, but it is a similar shape to the stock seat, uses the stock pan, and is very comfortable. Unless you have an extremely powerful staple gun, a pneumatic stapler is a must.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They left the slot for the strap which makes it look cheap and Chinese which is a shame.
You have to reuse the stock seat pan which will leave the slot for the strap. It is more noticeable if you don't reinstall the strap afterwards.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Replacement seat...

Have you looked on amazon? I got a sf4 replacement and it is great at only $120,it's a full seat, I would get up to speed then pop up onto the strap area, now I can just slid back, prefect...

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Went with a Corbin. After a run to Tellico and Deals from Atlanta, had to make a change. They are heavy but you don’t walk funny after a 330 mile burger run!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts