Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a yoshi exhaust for a while, planning on installing a TB cam and chimera intake. What would be the best way to tune the bike for all 3 installs? I was looking into PCV, but it doesn’t have a cam option on their maps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Agreed - simple and cost effective. I have CJR variant - huge improvement over stock. Take advantage of the Black Friday specials on now too.

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Hands down the best and most cost effective way to go.

https://www.dhmotoring.com/product/campackage
This looks like a good deal to reflash your ECU for your hardware.

Not knowing what the reflash ECU will do I assume you no longer have to reset the ECU or TP via the maintenance plug or do you still have the option to reset TP "throttle position", anyone has one of these ECU chime in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This looks like a good deal to reflash your ECU for your hardware.

Not knowing what the reflash ECU will do I assume you no longer have to reset the ECU or TP via the maintenance plug or do you still have the option to reset TP "throttle position", anyone has one of these ECU chime in.
You can still reset. From https://www.cameronjonesracing.com/honda-grom/honda-grom-ecu-flash-service

ECU RESET NOTE - It is not necessary however if you would like to reset the learning trims, you may follow an ECU reset procedure. This will NOT affect the changes we made to flash your ECU. This will simply reset the short term and long term fuel trims to adapt to your motorcycle’s modifications and environment..

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
You can still reset. From https://www.cameronjonesracing.com/honda-grom/honda-grom-ecu-flash-service

ECU RESET NOTE - It is not necessary however if you would like to reset the learning trims, you may follow an ECU reset procedure. This will NOT affect the changes we made to flash your ECU. This will simply reset the short term and long term fuel trims to adapt to your motorcycle’s modifications and environment..
Very cool, I was more worried about grom users that need to reset the TP "throttle position", Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
106 Posts
For my last mod, I used my Dynojet PV3 with a canned map and simply raised my rpm limit to 10k rpm. That was after installing the less hot Takegawa cam (compared to TB, but still hotter than stock). My bike also has the radiator hose modded intake with a UNI filter. I've since hit 79 mph indicated on the stock 124cc displacement. My GPS correction on the indicated (not in the video) 79 mph (rev limit / fuel cutofff) is 74 mph as recorded on my GPS device.

I just kept the already flashed and canned map that was provided with the PV3 device I purchased. Once I installed the cam, the PV3 let me easily and quickly bump the rpm limit to 10k. That's what a top end, high hp cam is good for in general, just up the rev limit to get even more out of it. I did no tuning after installing the cam, just raised the limiter. My Grom runs awesome, fuel injection!

Here's a video of one of my runs with the rev limit set at 9,700 rpm before I put in the cam and before I flashed the ecu to a 10k rpm limit. I've also got a 36T rear sprocket which makes the GPS necessary for top speed verification. The 9700 rpm and 36T rear sprocket combo gets an indicated 77 mph at the rev limit (see 7:07 in the video).

This is legit! Skip to 5:10 for the sustained 70mph top speed run on the stock displacement 124cc engine with the stock cam. That's a mile marker under the GPS speedo : ) I'm approaching 3,000 miles within the year since I bought the Grom new. The super mini, super man engine seems to be bullet proof. I go WOT a lot and still get 110 mpg with all the mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts