Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, looking to track my Grom, and was planning on buying the TST frame slider kit but apparently it doesn't work with Grom cases that have the oil fill cap on the front of the case. What are people using for crash protection for track use? I see a lot of stunt crash protection, and a lot of that looks robust, but I don't have first hand knowledge of stunt cages and I don't know how well that's compatible with track usage. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new to this forum so forgive me if I come off a bit harsh or possible sarastic. (The written word just sucks!!)

But to answer your intensely researched and already answered questions with various opinions of use and past use of similar products (all found throughout this forum forsure) but to take it down a bit. As this is a personal opinion based post as well. Answers will of course vary and they should to be honest. There’s no correct answer in seeking out products that some ppl like to use over the next or what is better or etc. I’ve personally tired several sliders on my ‘14 grom. The TST Industry slider kits will fit and do work at a semi fair and moderate price point. However ur correct. They will NOT work on left side (back placement oil dip sticks/ on stock Stator covers. Usually newer versions of the grom but the one that turns away most from using the TST mid frame slider kits are they just aren’t compatible with Kitaco covers or either of the SMRacing stator kits. Today there’s only a few that are worth even mentioning imo and to make the investment as a product that’s just possible and probable ‘insurance’. (Without going overboard and in the custom stunt world of products.
However I do use steel Zeus frame/chassis knock out bolts, and moose racing clamp on full lever and hand guards. The best undercover $70 any track star could make as quick bolt on/off ‘insurance’. Everything else I use on that bike mostly stays on it.
Currently I’m using a set of Over Racing mid frame slider kits, woodcraft axel sliders, woodcraft weighted Bar end sliders, tapped n threaded m8 rear swing arm extended sliders, g crafts new front fork spool mounts n spools, Koso’s new 100mm calmshell cable stays, a monkey 125 g craft rear bent upwards D-bar -or handle some might call it) , and usually Delrin foot pegs as well. So imo if looking for a good set of mid frame and engine sliders that actually work and don’t just make more and usually larger pricer problems... you just can’t go wrong with a 3” sato set or Over racing. Psr, pbr, JSR, [email protected], LightTech and all others alike all make great pieces of kit too. So stay stateside or shop a minimoto shop aboard and just remember you get what you pay for!! There’s a reason why those TST Ind sliders rrp for $150 and comparable others (in first glance) and all others worth a sh&t are easily double that and much harder to locate... but there’s a lot of companies that make solid products for your intended use, and even more, there’s tons of custom frame slider/mods that can be done to avoid spending $300/$400 on a set of mid frame sliders... so in the end it comes down to what ur willing to spend to have that added insurance and how and how often you dump ur bike.. at the track or not. That shouldn’t matter either imo. the only things I change are tires/ headlight or shields, long running lever guards and foot pegs. And tire psi when running at or over my spec temperatures.. all else is just the way I built that bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts