Honda Grom banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have geico and they seem pretty decent but to be honest I haven't done much shopping around.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have Geico, kinda terrible insurance rate since it's a 2014 (more than double what I pay for a 1000cc Aprilia) but since I have 3 bikes under Geico and two vehicles the rate overall wasn't bad. JUST the Grom on the insurance was too much though, start shopping.

EDIT: I should add that was with all kinds of shit on there, uninsured motorist, collision, all the jazz ... I got the same rate as banks with liability

Reactions: banks619

·
Registered
942 Posts
progressive is cheapest for people with stuff on their record. state farm is good if you keep your violations under 2, @ 2 they kick you off. if your YOUNG WITH NO EXPERIENCE ON RECORD, i would pay cash, or personnal loan, no motorcycle loan cause full coverage will probebly be like double your monthly for the loan if not more.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Geico has always been the lowest for me. My car insurance quoted me a high rate so I said f that and stuck with geico.

·
Registered
325 Posts
about 100 a year for liability sounds right if it's only bike on policy. my FOUR bikes cost me like 230 a year for liability.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone want to elaborate on which type of insurance plan would be best for first time Motorcycle owners, or any motorcycle owner? I have full coverage on my car only because thats what my parents had for me back when they were paying for it. However, I have heard some riders say that all you really need is liability.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Insurance differs for each person... their age, driving record, location, where the bike is stored, etc.

I currently have the following insured with Geico...
2012 Triumph 900 - $320/year full coverage
2013 Honda CRF250L - $130/year full coverage

I just got off the phone with Geico regarding the Grom. They quoted me $457/year full coverage. LOL! I know it's classified as a "sport bike" but obviously something is wrong there.
My Triumph and CRF are worth $15k and are $450/year total, the Grom is $3k and they want the same amount?!

After being helped by 2 people they realized they may have not considered the engine size, top speed and total cost of the bike correctly and wanted to send it out for review and get back with me. I thanked them for their consideration and noted that I expect to pay less than my 250 for it. My Ruckus and Met were $90/year each full coverage so I will be comfortable around $110-125/year for the Grom.

I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Insurance differs for each person... their age, driving record, location, where the bike is stored, etc.

I currently have the following insured with Geico...
2012 Triumph 900 - $320/year full coverage
2013 Honda CRF250L - $130/year full coverage

I just got off the phone with Geico regarding the Grom. They quoted me $457/year full coverage. LOL! I know it's classified as a "sport bike" but obviously something is wrong there.
My Triumph and CRF are worth $15k and are $450/year total, the Grom is $3k and they want the same amount?!

After being helped by 2 people they realized they may have not considered the engine size, top speed and total cost of the bike correctly and wanted to send it out for review and get back with me. I thanked them for their consideration and noted that I expect to pay less than my 250 for it. My Ruckus and Met were $90/year each full coverage so I will be comfortable around $110-125/year for the Grom.

I will keep you guys posted.
Thanks. Please let us know whay they come back at you with!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering how they give a quote on a bike that hasn't hit our shore yet. I have Progressive and I would use them as well. Hmmm, just went to the Progressive site and the Grom was not listed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts