Honda Grom banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righteous Stunt Metal - RSC Stunt CLutch Lever

These guys make the absolute BEST clutch pull on the market! I've had a shorty on my stunt bike since the initial "promo" lever they put out. Never had a problem and it's soooooo smooth. With a lifetime warranty you absolutely cannot go wrong! I had EZ-Pulls and all because I never like the stock feel of a clutch, this thing was literally a night and day change on all my bikes (shorty on the stunt, and full length on the race bike).

Already ordered an anodized black shorty for my GROM and I suggest y'all do too. It seems expensive up front but it's an awesome feeling knowing this lever will NEVER let you down!

GET ONE!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Looks like a quality product. Right now I am fighting the urge to COVER my Grom in CF from levers to mirrors to exhaust to body work. I have even seen some replacement engine covers in CF.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your sales pitch didn't sell me.. I think ill wait before dropping 80$ on a lever when the clutch could possibly not be tight or could be positioned quite well
I definitely agree with you ... it's worked for me on my two current bikes so I'm staying loyal lol I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing to their bikes, after that I'm sure my project fund will have to grow.

·
Registered
942 Posts
got a msr ez pull on my f4i, no problems until i hit it against something, but i'm sure any lever will fail if you beat on it. ordered a moose ez pull for the grom.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a mid length on my drz holy crap was that a good investment. I did not get the bearing one. I got a bushing one but holy crap does that feel good. the length is actually what you want for a two finger lever. The short looks like a perfect 1 finger lever might get one for the grom.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought the stock cable clutch feel on the Grom was super light already. Wrong lol. I just compared it. It's actually heavier than some 1K's with a Brembo master......and then one finger it.......yeah it could be lighter for stunts n stuff. I'll leave it stock for now though.....

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have abrembo setup on my ducati.. the grom is the last bike id be concerned about clutch pull on. a decent lubed cable and pivot are usually all thats needed on one this small.. my .02

I do have adjustable levers (asv copies) but thats because i like my levers out further and they were fairly cheap. hell i can pull it one finger easy, and i have 3 stiffer springs in mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The "shorty" levers I got off eBay fit like crap in my hand so the reason I'd buy one for the grom is fitment in my hand it's well worth the money in my opinion. You have to feel one to understand I guess. The grom doesn't have much pull I can use one finger as well but the lever I have now doesn't feel at all right.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I really like the idea of putting a bearing in the lever like that.

Here's the clutch lever on my XJ600S. That has a smaller pivot than the MSX and no bushing like the MSX has, but you get an idea of the wear which can occur here over time! That's the original lever with 85.x00km (about 53.000 miles)

wtf?

·
Registered
172 Posts
After I read through the webpage I felt the bushing was best for me. I can't imagine the bearing being any worse but the way its designed it feels so smooth.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
lever pivots are a maintenance item... they should be greased reguarily. I have 40 year old bikes with lots of miles that were maintained that lasted just fine. A bearing would be ideal for sure but at what cost?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I retract my previous statement. I first bought the rsc for my drz couple months ago jus to see what the hype was about. An the hype is totally correct. No matter if the cable is lubed an the position is perfect. The rsc will guarentee be a easier pull than any other stock lever, msr ez pull, moose easy pull, period. They take the adjustable cable positions from the msr/moose an machined aluminum for perfect fit an added the extra smootheness with a bearing on the pivot.

I know most of u are fine with the stock. This lever is made specifically for stunters. Where the bike has a rear hand brake. An majority of the time the clutch is operated with one finger while rear hand brake is operated with another finger (middle). Hence why the stunter needs a super smooth easy pull on the clutch or the hand will get fatigued ultra fast taking away from the stunt riding time.

That's all.. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts