Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one yet? If so which one did you buy? How do you like it? Fit and finish OK? Did it come with instructions and/or mounting hardware?

TIA

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought one off of ebay from Thailand, i do not have my bike yet. in my opinion the paint finish is a 6/10 and there are some paint chips. the fiberglass is rough on the edges also. it is going to take some work to make it nice...some sanding and maybe a clear coat over the top of the paint. I might end up not using it. I am not that pleased with it. there are no cracks in the fiberglass so that is good some sanding and paint and it will be nice. I just need to get a can of color matched black paint once I can figure out the paint code for the black grom.

All of the hardware came with it but no instructions. I think it will be pretty self explanatory though once I get the bike in hand. I also ordered 2 identical sticker kits from shopitart in Thailand my thought is to use the extra sticker kit to cut and fit stickers for the belly pan to match the bike and also hide the poor paint job.

I will post a build thread once I get my bike - hopefully in the next week or two. I have some big things planned!!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is very good to hear - about the shipping and service and all. The way you described the belly pan would NOT prevent me from buying it as I figure any one I get will need to be painted.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I order the belly pan from that guy too, but I'm still waiting for it.

TerribleTarans How long did it take to get it? I've been waiting close to 3 weeks for my to come in.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i decided that i am not going to use mine...and i am sticking with a naked look...mine is for sale...cheap!!! PM me if interested. Will let it go for $100 shipped OBO!!!

mine took about 4 weeks...over half the time it was sitting at customs in NYC
i'm interested! what color is it?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Use caution with the kingkongsoap seller, me and some other members are having trouble getting our stuff.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I want a belly pan but I have to admit I want it just for looks. Does it serve any purpose besides keeping dirt off the engine?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I want a belly pan but I have to admit I want it just for looks. Does it serve any purpose besides keeping dirt off the engine?
It may push more air up on the cooling fins, but other than that it's just for looks. and I would not order from Kingkongsoap, I would wait for a US vender or tyga to sell one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hope somebody makes a belly pan like this for US market but with a tad more coverage. With honda lettering on bottom plez.

169d1370310561-grom-photo-day-screenshot_2013-05-28-07-11-22.jpg

(From Grom Photo of the Day thread)

·
Registered
684 Posts
that looks like the one i ordered, but mr kingkongsoap seems to have taken my money and cut off all communication.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have one coming from Thailand, not from kingkongsoap. I got a tracking number and it has left Thailand. I should see it within a week and he just shipped yesterday. Its a Honda OEM aftermarket part too. Curious to see if the paint matches my white panels. I think he even threw In a free Honda Msx T-shirt.

Sent from my MB865 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I'll roll my own. I have some sheet aluminum and a slip roll. I used to make aluminum parts (tanks, seat cowls, etc.) to pull molds from years ago. This time I think I'll polish the part and bolt it on

This stupid little bike has my braining turning quite a bit lately. Now I just gotta get off my ass and clean the shop so I can get at everything

1 - 17 of 17 Posts