Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sat on a Grom. While being 6'2" has its positives, riding a Grom would not be something I would enjoy. The 240 pounds that it would have to push around would not be fun for the Grom as well.

It is a very nice bike and I can see why the excitement surrounds it. I will continue checking out the site and contribute as I can.

Ride on brothers!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Im not as tall as you but just as heavy. Actually heavier. :sorry:

My Grom is a BLAST. DGAF what I look like on it. I have too much fun.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I finally sat on a Grom. While being 6'2" has its positives, riding a Grom would not be something I would enjoy. The 240 pounds that it would have to push around would not be fun for the Grom as well.

It is a very nice bike and I can see why the excitement surrounds it. I will continue checking out the site and contribute as I can.

Ride on brothers!
I'm pretty sure there are others on this board as big as you. I wouldn't count out the GROM!

wookie out...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
im 6'4" 235lbs.. riding the grom feels fine.. i moved the handlebars forward.. i sit sometimes near the back but i move around.. haven't had a problem.. 480+ miles later.. only thing i wish it had more power for up hills.. but other then that i love it.. ppl said the same thing about me with the ruckus.. fuck if i care what ppl think.. after modding the ruckus it fits fine now..

·
Registered
204 Posts
best part about these bikes is the fact they are chain driven an they have a lot of bottom end, I pull away from cars an stay ahead an im 180 190lbs

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah the guys at work work who ride Harleys are giving me this. Say I look like a grizzley bear on it and its beneath my dignity to see seen like that.

I disagree and know better but still its there like a bad smell.

How can you fight this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think you need to find a way to try one.

I'm 6'2", 240 and the Grom amuses the crap outta me. At times, admittedly, it can be a little boring; but, so can a GSXR 1000 when you have to troll around in traffic at 35mph. I think mindset has a lot to do with it. When I ride the Grom I'm on a mission to find situations that entertain.

My circle of friends includes some of the fastest road racers from our region over the last 20 years or so and they are all similarly seriously amused by the Grom, and likewise pissed that they can't get their hands on one.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
....When I ride the Grom I'm on a mission to find situations that entertain......
Me too. I store my Grom on my enclosed patio and take it through the house to ride it. That means I start every ride at my front door. So far I have found "situations that entertain" on every ride before I hit the street in front of my house.

This bike is instant fun for me.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Me too. I store my Grom on my enclosed patio and take it through the house to ride it. That means I start every ride at my front door. So far I have found "situations that entertain" on every ride before I hit the street in front of my house.

This bike is instant fun for me.
Dood, go on a mission....IN THE HOUSE! ...and make sure you get video

·
Registered
311 Posts
6'5" 210 and more fun than my big bikes, raised the bars now it's fine, just gotta tuck more than others to get over 55
How did you deal with the cables and how did you do the raise in general? The clutch cable seems pretty short.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry moved forward, not raised. I Just loosed handle bar mounts and pushed them forward, cables have enough slack. No cables are tight or affected

·
Registered
311 Posts
I will have to try that. Planned on adding risers (which would require cable changes) but maybe that works.

·
Registered
412 Posts
well I'm pretty much the heaviest guys on herd 280lbs my Grom has no problem pulling me about.
I also moved my bars forward, I also lifted them about 20mm with blocks.
just had to do a slight reroute of the clutch cable
made all the difference to my ride.
With respect, if your worried how you look on the bike
then it's probably not for you
I'm way too old and long in the tooth to worry what others think of me.
Besides I'm having too much fun with it

·
Registered
311 Posts
well I'm pretty much the heaviest guys on herd 280lbs my Grom has no problem pulling me about.
I also moved my bars forward, I also lifted them about 20mm with blocks.
just had to do a slight reroute of the clutch cable
made all the difference to my rgwygest, with respect, if your worried how you look on the bike
then it's probably not for you
I'm way too old and long in the tooth to worry what others think of me.
Im not worried its my follow motorcyclers who are worried. I just need a way of blowing them out of the water.

I too would like to raise the bars a little. How did you change the route of the clutch cable?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm 5'9.5"/130 and if I were ANY taller or 175+ I would not have bought the Grom. I feel like this is the smallest bike that I could comfortably live with. Even still the KTM 690 Duke and Triumph Street Triple are far more comfortable. I'm going to buy one of the two when I get a few more two-wheel miles under my belt.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts