Honda Grom banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post Update 19-Jan-15

Had a 180cc kit installed, so far so good, i've got a new tail unit getting fitted and will post photo's

[/URL][/IMG]

The list of mods so far are

Ohlins rear shock
Brembo calipers front & rear inc Tyga brackets
Renthal handle bars
New clutch & brake levers
Rearsets
Braced swingarm
Lots of Tyga carbon bits
Under bike exhaust and cowling
Michelin tyres
Fender eliminator
13T front sprocket
Air filter mod

This is my MSX, i bought it on the Thursday had the exhaust done on the Friday and it got stolen on the Sunday......

I'm back away working now but will be buying another MSX on my return and the modding and the security will start properly.

Plans are Tyga Carbon bits, Ohlins rear shock, front and rear Brembo's and further down the road some engine mods.

Attachments

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to my local shop in Pattaya showed them a few photo's and told them what i wanted and he said no problem left the bike with him for the day came back and this is what i got.
I'm over the moon with it. It didn't cost much money and it is exactly what i wanted.

· Registered
3,802 Posts
I went to my local shop in Pattaya showed them a few photo's and told them what i wanted and he said no problem left the bike with him for the day came back and this is what i got.
I'm over the moon with it. It didn't cost much money and it is exactly what i wanted.
That is killer. Wish I could do that here in the states.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

· Registered
236 Posts
Amen to that, there is a LOT of thai bashing on grom forums but I have seen nothing but quality work where its asked for... if you want it cheap they will do it cheap and nasty, if you want it quality they will do it well and still not cost the earth (many cases far cheaper and far better than anything I would ever see or afford back in Australia)... sucks that your bike got lifted :( when you get a new one we should try hook up for a ride day... I really want to find a good place to play with stunting/gymkana skills... I have none aside from the required curb jumps and traffic weaving in bkk but would love to learn more :)

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen to that, there is a LOT of thai bashing on grom forums but I have seen nothing but quality work where its asked for... if you want it cheap they will do it cheap and nasty, if you want it quality they will do it well and still not cost the earth (many cases far cheaper and far better than anything I would ever see or afford back in Australia)... sucks that your bike got lifted :( when you get a new one we should try hook up for a ride day... I really want to find a good place to play with stunting/gymkana skills... I have none aside from the required curb jumps and traffic weaving in bkk but would love to learn more :)
Yes to say i was gutted is an under statement when i found it gone.

You live and learn i guess and the next one will have an alarm and a hidden GPS devise on it.

Yes be good to meet you and have some fun. I have another friend who is getting one also so we will have to sort out a meet.

· Registered
3,802 Posts
I will be having the same on my next MSX and will take better photo's and get some more info. I can find a price for you if you want????
Please do. I would like to see better photos and I would like a price. Of course I have to add shipping to the US so that might make it too expensive for me but we will see.

Thanks

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it has been a busy month.

I return back to Pattaya and the next day went on the hunt for another MSX. I could only find a black one but wasn't worried as i had plans for it anyway

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

The list of mods so far are

Ohlins rear shock
Brembo calipers front & rear inc Tyga brackets
Renthal handle bars
New clutch & brake levers
Rearsets
Braced swingarm
Lots of Tyga carbon bits
Under bike exhaust and cowling
Michelin tyres
Fender eliminator
13T front sprocket
Air filter mod

Cameras & optics Camera Photography Camera accessory Auto part
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Carburetor
Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Vehicle Muffler
Auto part Engine Vehicle Exhaust system Automotive exhaust
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Tire Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Car Tire
Auto part Automotive exterior

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.