Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recommendations for a COMPLETE big bore kit to suit a '16 SF. Seriously thinking of either a 170, or 181, but am getting confused about what they come with or what is needed as an add on. I've done the Kitaco clutch cover mod, and added a home made intake, ditching the airbox. I need advice on which kits come with everything, including the cam. Maybe upgrade to the 4v head later. Also looking at an oil cooler,
Cheers all.

·
Registered
2014 Grom
76 Posts
A couple of things should be mentioned. BBK's that are 170cc's and up should have a forged crank installed. Some people choose not to do this, but the longevity of their motors go out the window.

Also, BBK's are sold as 2v or 4v kits, you can't add a 4v head to a BBK that wasn't designed for it.

The general consensus for an all inclusive kit that makes great power is the Kitaco Neo 181 2v, which comes with most of what you need, minus an oil cooler. You'll need to split your case to install the crank though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think an important question to ask is how much do you want to spend on everything required, that way the recommendations might actually be helpful.

Looks like you are in Australia so Webike is a good place for you to shop.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
256 Posts
Two valves or Four.

Reactions: grom_addict
1 - 6 of 6 Posts