Honda Grom banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m very green to motorcycles but I have a decent knowledge about vehicles in general. I purchased a brand new 2020 grom in august and I’m trying to build it up, but stay on a budget. I won a new bazzaz z-fi for grom off eBay, and bought a used z-afm on Mercari. The z-afm was used on a Yamaha but after contacting bazzaz they said the z-afm is not bike specific. I thought I was getting a great deal on it ($160 shipped) but after I received it, I found out that it didn’t include the o2 sensor for it. Is the o2 sensor needed just like a general o2 sensor or is it bazzaz specific? I can buy a new sensor from bazzaz for $150 but then I would have paid more for a “used” z-afm setup with no warranty vs. buying a brand new setup with a warranty.

I’ve been lurking on this forum since I bought the bike and it has all been very helpful to a newbie like me. I got the bazzaz tuner because what I’ve read is that with an aftermarket exhaust and intake it’ll run too lean. Messing with different fuel maps is beyond me (for now) so I was hoping to get the afm and not have to worry about it running too lean/rich

1 - 1 of 1 Posts