Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world's largest small bore event is back! June 4-6 at the 880 acre Barber Motorsports Park. Great routes, road racing, drag racing, stunt lot, parade laps, Moto-soccer, Creek Bottom Classic off-road racing, hill climbing, bike shows, swap meet, industry wide displays and support, games, demos, prizes, food, and the world's largest motorcycle museum to get started... More details coming soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thank you for not calling it the Smokey mountain crawl this year. That continues to live in in the proper location, Tennessee!

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for not calling it the Smokey mountain crawl this year. That continues to live in in the proper location, Tennessee!
We didn’t call it that last year, nor should anyone else, as that was our event, and please don’t start down the road of bashing one event for another. Helps no one, or the small bore community in the least....

·
Registered
208 Posts
you did the first year and received much deserving hate over it on the socials, then threatened others for using the name like you owned it LOL. Both events are going to be great im sure.

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you did the first year and received much deserving hate over it on the socials, then threatened others for using the name like you owned it LOL. Both events are going to be great im sure.

View attachment 89229
We used both as it was a transition year, so the enthusiast would understand it was a continuation of the brand we had built, and yes, we do own it. We worked full time for 4 years to make the best event in the country, so I have to disagreed with you on "much deserved hate". There's no room for hate in having good events to attend, but a small part of the internet would rather troll than ride. Again, that doesn't further to scene, which has always been our focus.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I hope to make it to this event this year. I was really bummed that it got canceled last year, but I completely understand, given the circumstances. I wanted to do some parade laps around the Barber track! After watching the MotoAmerica race there in 2019, I wanted to experience the track from a different perspective. Looks awesome.

I’m going to be really busy for the next six months, so I will have to force myself to break away from what I’m working on. Maybe I can squeeze in one day of fun. Maybe Ninelives17 will be there...???

Reactions: Ninelives17

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
I am hoping so, it is the weekend before my wifes birthday though.....would love to meet up. Super interested in some parade laps too!

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all honesty, the concept of parade laps didn't overly excite me, then we did it... It's AWESOME to lap that place. Pretty sure the couple hundred others that did the parade laps felt the same, and that's only one of 20 cool things to do... Hope to see you guys there.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
For those of us who may not be able to attend all three days, can you please break down what events happen on which day? Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off the top of my head, and unofficial.... Honda dinner Friday evening. Parade laps fri/sat. Drags fri/sat. Stunt lot fri/sat. Creekbottom Classic off-road race sat. Hill climb comp sat. Bike show sat. Swap meet fri/sat. Mini GP track time fri/sat. Dodgeball charity Sat. Endurance road race Sunday. Museum, vendors, routes daily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
$40 is worth it just to see the museum. That place is awesome. To anybody on the fence, you will not regret it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$40 is worth it just to see the museum. That place is awesome. To anybody on the fence, you will not regret it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
It's funny how many times I've heard "I don't care about a museum", then watch the JAWS DROP when they walk in the door.... If you know, you know. See you there.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Swing by the TB Parts swap meet, June 4&5 at Barber Small Bore...
It’s tempting to bring the mountain of take off parts from my Grom and give them away...lol. They take up so much space.

A little over a month to go. I hope the weather is good. I watched an Indy Car race on TV recently from Barber. That track is so nice. The speed those Indy Cars go around that track is just about terrifying.

Reactions: MNNTHBX
1 - 20 of 27 Posts