Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to put over 150 miles on the Grom. I didn't pay attention the first time I gassed up. This time I managed to figure out my MPG. Put 0.63 of a gallon (89octane ethanol free), and rode 59.1 miles. MPG came out to 93.8 miles to 0.63 gallons of gas. Based on my calculations, that's about 128-miles per gallon. Does that sound about right for a stock new Grom that's still not broken in?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
That sounds right if you aren’t ripping it everywhere you go. I’ve never gotten close to that but I’m a heavy rider with a heavy hand. My throttle is less of a throttle and more of an on off switch haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've managed to put over 150 miles on the Grom. I didn't pay attention the first time I gassed up. This time I managed to figure out my MPG. Put 0.63 of a gallon (89octane ethanol free), and rode 59.1 miles. MPG came out to 93.8 miles to 0.63 gallons of gas. Based on my calculations, that's about 128-miles per gallon. Does that sound about right for a stock new Grom that's still not broken in?

this is what I’m getting. Been tracking every fuel up since purchased with Zero miles on it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That sounds right if you aren’t ripping it everywhere you go. I’ve never gotten close to that but I’m a heavy rider with a heavy hand. My throttle is less of a throttle and more of an on off switch haha.
My throttle seems to have that same problem. It’s basically an on/off switch.

I never have kept up with the fuel consumption. The cost of fill ups are a joke.

Forum user “Tooter” claims to get 140-145mph with his setup, I believe.

I doubt I’ve ever seen any numbers like that. I subscribe to the CiscoSanJose school of “Riding it like you stole it”.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used to get about that mileage when my bike was stock, I also track my fuel with fuelly over 16,000 miles. There's a link to my bike in my signature below. After many many mods, I average about 98 or so, the last few were just past 100mpg, so I'm happy.

I also calculate my total cost per mile each year, taking into account costs for all mods, insurance, registration, everything. Boils down to about $0.40 per mile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i get about 85-90. i ride as fast as i can as uphill doesn't help much for me. good thing i get 2 full days between filling up to and from work. works out perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts