Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Some friends and I in Austin (south Austin) have a few Groms. We've been riding them together quite a bit and plan on doing more rides and get togethers. I figured I would branch out and invite anyone in the area to come hang out and ride. Here is a link to a Facebook page I just created. Feel free to chime in and create your own group rides, or tag along with us when we decide to go for a ride!

https://www.facebook.com/AustinGromGang

We also like old Minitrails and Z50s!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I live in New Braunfels and Austin is a little far by Grom, but if you ever head south, I would meet up with you to ride. The Devil's Backbone on FM32 is pretty fun...13 turns one right after the other. It is just north and West of Canyon Lake between Canyon Lake High School and Purgatory Road. For slower scenic riding, there is River Road along the Guadalupe in New Braunfels too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in New Braunfels and Austin is a little far by Grom, but if you ever head south, I would meet up with you to ride. The Devil's Backbone on FM32 is pretty fun...13 turns one right after the other. It is just north and West of Canyon Lake between Canyon Lake High School and Purgatory Road. For slower scenic riding, there is River Road along the Guadalupe in New Braunfels too.
Awesome. If we plan a ride down in that area I'll try to get ahold of you. If you're on Facebook, be sure to like the page so you can see when we're planning get togethers. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys! I met Ryan and Lauren at bike night at Doc's last night. Super excited that austin will have a Grom Group! I liked the Facebook page also. :) - Kristin

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way, what kind of exhaust do you have on the red Grom? The low slung exhaust with a black pipe and white "M". It looks like the Black Grom has the same exhaust, too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way, what kind of exhaust do you have on the red Grom? The low slung exhaust with a black pipe and white "M". It looks like the Black Grom has the same exhaust, too.
They are M4 Exhausts. If you want to hear one in person you can come by the shop and listen to mine. Just give me a heads up so I can be sure to have my bike up there!

We know the guys at M4 and had them send us a couple for our bikes. If you like it, we can have them send another!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys, we're planning on heading out to Marble Falls tomorrow for lunch and pie. We will be meeting at the shop around 9:45am and heading out around 10am. The shop is at the intersection of Oltorf and South Lamar (Davis Rod and Cycle).

Here's the route we're planning on taking out to Marble Falls. We may ride the same route in reverse to get back, or head another direction.

Link to map here

If you plan on tagging along let us know so we know how many people to expect! And don't forget to like the facebook page! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's great. I have several riding loops from here from Lakeway. Hamilton Pool, out to Driftwood for pizza and working on a Johnson City out and back for lunch. I see you know of the Bixby Moto guys. Judas Brute' aka "Andrew"
built my mini cafe'. Those guys are really fun. Looking forward to riding with your group.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Too many red Groms! I'll add another black one to the mix. Friend request sent on Facebook.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Born and raised local, just got my Grom about three days ago. Already have a little over 200mi on her. I've been riding all over town all day the last two days and I know there's bound to be more Groms in this town. So where are y'all?! haha I've got one buddy with a Grom, so hit me up and we'll add two to your group! Bout to head out to Doc's for bike night. Hopefully some of you will be there. I'll be the guy with the stock black Grom and the big beard haha.

Also I tried to find the fb page and the link didn't work. So lemme know what to do to get to it. Thanks y'all

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also I tried to find the fb page and the link didn't work. So lemme know what to do to get to it. Thanks y'all
Hey man! I deactivated the page a while back because of other things I had going on, and because it really didn't get any traffic. I just reactivated it. Maybe it'll eventually start taking off.

I've been organizing rides from my personal page lately. I'll try to start updating the Grom Gang page as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts