Honda Grom banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey thought I’d start a build thread for my monkey. Had it for 2 weeks now from new and it currently has 45ks

The day it arrived up against my fully carbon fibre grom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The grom got sold so I transferred the sugoi plates over and went to work on the mods

Trying to make a fender delete with the factory tailight

Ended up going with these lights from empire garage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts started arriving.
Tyga exhaust

yss rear shock until my ohlins arrive in a few weeks

Kitaco seat height annoyed me so I fabbed up new mounts to lower it as much as possible

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finished the rear fender/ tailight combo. The lights can be adjusted in or out depending on what seat I use

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Starting to get to the look I want. The kitaco fender lowering kit annoyed me as it sits too high with a weird angle. MNNTHBX Intake arrived and installed.

Mitas whitewalls on and side cover to fill in the gap where the exhaust used to be.

Kitaco front fender kit looks dodge

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Modified the kitaco kit to get the new h2c black chrome fender as low and as level as possible.

Looking much better now. I added h2c chain adjusters with spools and a 30mm riser to the handlebars

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As it sits 2 weeks after purchase and 45ks later. I love riding this thing.. I really should have got a monkey at the start instead of blowing a crapload of cash on the grom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those who run intakes I highly recommend relocating the horn. It cleans up the front end and hides these wires. Super easy to with some connectors and wires and reversible

·
Registered
144 Posts
For those who run intakes I highly recommend relocating the horn. It cleans up the front end and hides these wires. Super easy to with some connectors and wires and reversible
Nice, I’ll have to take a look at that idea. Was wondering what I could do to tidy up that area and this might just be the answer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
30mm risers with a quad lock iPhone holder so I can run navigation, music etc..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put on old school handlebars and chopped them to make them more narrow.

Also installed a power commander 5 from hardracing.

To cover up the frame holes I used lights designed for the handlebars of my bicycle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking really cool. With all the style, are you planning on stretching the swing arm?
No stretch for me. Stretching isn’t really a mod bikers do in Aus. I wouldn’t stretch on the skinny factory wheels anyway and whitewalls don’t come wider than 130/70

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Few upgrades now

Power commander 5 from hard racing installed.. I also got a auto tune unit but need to make an adapter to plug the wideband into the tyga exhaust silencer.
Also got a pod-300 display unit which I use to display rpms. I’ve mounted it using a quadlock

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also installed rear ohlins. Because the bike is lowered and I’m 76kgs I chose to use the 80kg springs. So far so good the rears haven’t bottomed out. I’ll have to sort out the front though. They do bottom out on big potholes.

I also shaved the kitaco seat a few inches back for more room and it feels much better. It still has crappy comfort compared to the factory seat but for what i use the bike for its great and I can easily flat foot.. I’m only a super short 164cms.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How do you like the bars? I have been looking at them. Also seen a set that were done by TB parts. Have not pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the bars they suit the bike but I wish they were a tad stiffer. There is definitely some flex in them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts