Honda Grom banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Assembling of Finbro 125cc Stand-alone ECM with BoosterPlug

Hi guys,

My 2015 Honda MSX has a front 14t sprocket, an air filter mode, a full system Akrapovic slip on carbon and a BoosterPlug: http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boosterplug-honda-msx125-439p.html

I would like to add Finbro 125cc Stand-alone ECM: http://store.hardracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=31463&category_id=2690

My questions: Can they work and operate together? Will the ECM provide a big improvement in performance compared to the BoosterPlug?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hmm. This is a new device to me. For anyone that is wondering, it basically just fakes a lower temperature to the ECU, which gives it more fuel. But.. the ecu would trim that back using the O2 sensor... hmmm. Detailed explanation on the BoosterPlug First place ive seen that describes how their magic box works in such detail. It also gives you a basic understanding of how the ECU operates.

And... From what ive heard on the finbro ECU, it does not use the air temp in its maps, so coupled together, this would be useless.

Rather than this, might i suggest an EFIE type device that fakes the O2 sensor's voltage to something lower, so the ECU adds more fuel. I think those run more in the 30-50$ range. -- whoops. didnt read you already had the boosterplug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, the Finbro 125cc Stand-alone ECM is not an ECU, it is ECM and behaves differently. There are no tunings!
I am going to fix the Finbro ECM + pcx injector for the stock 125 motor by the end of the week, I will keep the BoosterPlug and update you how will my baby behave!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear friends, today I installed the Finbro 125cc Stand-alone ECM + a larger injector. We had to remove the BoosterPlug, also according to your advice.
The bike is stronger and have more power. The most important thing for me is the acceleration between 0 to 70-80 km per hour, just what I needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts