Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around last year for small exhaust tweaks for the Grom/Thai MSX125 clone. I used to see the Arrow 52004MI header was a common item on the different parts sites. Now, after after some hard searching I found it on a site or two.

Guess my questions are:
What happened?
Does it suck?
Was it surpassed by other products?
Is it still a worth while/cost effective upgrade?

Little background, I'm not looking to do major exhaust upgrades. Just looking for an aftermarket non cat pipe I can use the stock muffler with. I rather like the bike and it being as quiet as it is and the 52004MI seemed like a cost effective alternative header.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey there, I am running the Arrow header and it works well. However there are many header options out there. I went with the arrow because it retains the factory heat sheild and I wanted that since I am planning more of a dual sport build. One thing I did initially is cut the cat section our and ran a pre bent piece of tubing in its place. I tig welded it and threw a coat of high temp black on it and it worked well. Anyway, there are lots of headers to choose from. Spend some time researching and you will find more options. I think Hard racing can order that Arrow header for you.

Shane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts