Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to complain but the last few emails I've gotten from the forum showing the latest active topics, it's nothing but spam, then when I come to the forum, the entire active posts section is all spam.

Has the popularity of the grom dipped so low than the forum isn't active enough for full time moderation right now?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sadly the forum days are almost all but over. It's all about Facebook now. The worst part about that is you have a bunch of lazy misinformed opinionated people. Making it nearly impossible to get real information.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
I am on here at least once per day, usually 3-5 times per day. Do you have a link to the spam post? Have you clicked on the report button? If you click on the three dots at the top right of the post, you have the option to report a post for any reason that violates our policies. Spam is not tolerated at all....

Reactions: grommyk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
Sadly the forum days are almost all but over. It's all about Facebook now. The worst part about that is you have a bunch of lazy misinformed opinionated people. Making it nearly impossible to get real information.
If you have 17 post in well over 2 years, only 4 of which are not either selling/buying. You are not exactly part of the solution.....

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
I hate to complain but the last few emails I've gotten from the forum showing the latest active topics, it's nothing but spam, then when I come to the forum, the entire active posts section is all spam.

Has the popularity of the grom dipped so low than the forum isn't active enough for full time moderation right now?
Personally I would give the forum more than half a day of membership before I commented on how it is run.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have 17 post in well over 2 years, only 4 of which are not either selling/buying. You are not exactly part of the solution.....
Wow that's a really professional response from a moderator. I simply stayed at a fact.
If I had new information to share I would share it. Calm yourself nobody's jumping down your throat here. He simply asked a legitimate question based on what he saw on the page.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me posting a tidbit of information or making a few replies here and there won't change what a generation has done. That was the point of my comment. Things have changed. I enjoy being able to come here for my research and information.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
Same as me, I have found a wealth of information on this as well as other forums. This is the only forum I actively post on, which is why I volunteered to be a moderator. I was tired of all the spam showing up on this site. Now no spam last over 12hrs, usually much less, because I am able to check in multiple times a day. Sorry if I hit a nerve, but at least you have went up a couple of post because of it ;) . Do you have any recent/or favorite pics of bike you could post? We all love those!
I assure you, I didn't take any offense at his post. I do not run this forum, I simply try to help others out by removing spam and renaming or moving things at others request. This is not my job, I volunteer because I'm here anyway. Best wishes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I believe this is a pretty accurate assessment of the situation. I don’t have a single social media account. I don’t want any. Personal choice. It’s just not for me.

I can appreciate the technology and how it connects people from all over the world, but there are too many people advertising their life and self promoting themselves for my tastes. I’m not real, real old, but advertising every minute detail of your life is not something my generation generally engaged in. Some of it is downright narcissistic. I don’t particularly like the tech companies and the growing power they wield either, therefore I choose not to participate.

With that said, I don’t want to lump every social media user together, that would be unfair and inaccurate. Plenty of people use social media and don’t fall into the description above.

I have used my wife’s Facebook account a couple of times to access a Grom group. I saw plenty of people seeking advice, but the answers were often wrong. Sometimes just silly. Not once did I feel that it was a place to find serious knowledge. Too many people trying desperately to look cool, act cool, sound cool. Endless amounts of people using the same tired catch phrases, never conjuring an original thought.

Forums always seemed to attract enough people who are real enthusiasts. Often, there are members with literally decades of experience. You can almost always find the answers you are looking for.

This forum has been great. A good group of people. I’ve not noticed hardly any spam, myself. Someone must be cleaning it out. Thanks Ninelives17.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,145 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts