Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a nylon cargo strap wrapped under my seat, and last night at 60mph the buckle unclipped itself and got into my rear wheel which yanked the other side straight through my black under-tail plastic. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? It's the plastic part with the "GROM" decal beneath the seat, on the side of the bike.

thx
-philip

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can get the stock color from your local Honda dealer. Or you and order a new color from across the puddle. I think soneone on here is selling their stock plastic.

Sent from my SGS3 using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyga doesnt have the part I need. It's the plastic that's black on every Grom regardless of color scheme

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you could get a picture that would be very helpful, but as far as I know ( being that I had to order full plastics for my bike ) the only piece they do not have are the OEM vent shroud.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Reactions: Philip

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If I read your description correctly, Tyga does carry the part you need. The part that the "Grom" (or MSX125) decal goes on, is the rear cowl. You have to order the Grom/MSX125 decal separately, as the part doesn't come with it on it (regardless of where you order it from).

Left side: Honda - Cowl, L., RR., Black - New Honda Genuine Parts
Right side: Honda - Cowl, R., RR., Black - New Honda Genuine Parts
That's the part. I dont know how I missed it. Thanks broseph

I've officially made my first Tyga order. It's all downhill for my wallet from here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tyga is a great vendor... but why in the world would you buy that part from all the way across the world, and pay associated shipping... when you can buy it from your dealer or a million online parts places in the usa?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tyga is a great vendor... but why in the world would you buy that part from all the way across the world, and pay associated shipping... when you can buy it from your dealer or a million online parts places in the usa?
'Cuz once you start poking around on Tyga's site, you'll end up with a lot more cool stuff in your cart, that's not available in the USA, so you might as well add the rear side cowl to your order, while you're at it. :saint:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My local dealers dont have shit for the Grom yet. And It's not keeping my bike off the road, so I dont mind waiting 2-4 weeks to support a good forum vendor.

·
Registered
457 Posts
hey do you guys remember that japanese company that had different color plastics? chrome was one of em, i even say a blue rear panel saying grom was on ebay for sum kind of handle. but right when this forum posted someone had a pic of this company that had all these grom plastics displayed at a vendor thing i think.

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey do you guys remember that japanese company that had different color plastics? chrome was one of em, i even say a blue rear panel saying grom was on ebay for sum kind of handle. but right when this forum posted someone had a pic of this company that had all these grom plastics displayed at a vendor thing i think.
If it's "sofaking" from ebay i'd avoid him, look around the forum and you will see hes a horrible seller

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also still cant a damn OE luggage rack anywhere. The local dealers cant even get a part number for it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I just got an email from CMSNL that they finally shipped my yellow shroud panels. My "I must have fucking yellow panels right now" moment has passed..... Im not that interested in yellow anymore and I may be selling them with the black panels that I have assembled as a kit.

Together, they were going to look like this - all black except for yellow shrouds:

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust

1 - 20 of 21 Posts