Honda Grom banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a critical part for a 22 Grom that is on national backorder, trying my hand at webike; are all groms identical parts-wise throughout the world?

(specifically the engine/crank case)

·
Registered
820 Posts
The main difference is the ones sent to the U.S marker have been converted for LH drive. :p:p So for your LH switch blocks you will need to order RH and vice versa. :)
Yes, everyone knows that left hand drive motorcycles are the proper way to build a bike! Australians have it all bass ackwards…..

I rented a Jeep in the U.S. Virgin Islands for a week, a few years ago. You want to talk about a screwed up situation. They use left hand drive vehicles, but drive on the left side of the road. After a long day of having fun, especially at night, being tired, I would arrive at a intersection and literally have to pause and think about which lane I was supposed to be in once I made a turn.

Throw alcohol into the mix and some people really struggle. Fortunately, on St. John, there is not a ton of traffic.

Reactions: cr500

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, everyone knows that left hand drive motorcycles are the proper way to build a bike! Australians have it all bass ackwards…..
But even you must admit that moving the throttle to the RHS and clutch to LHS as you run it in USA is pretty crazy.

when you want to go forwards faster, you move the throttle BACKWARDS. But when you want to slow down you move it FORWARD!!!!
Must be hard to get used to.
And how about USA using clutch with left hand!!!! Are you all left handed over there or something?
At least your road racers are smart enough to switch your gear shift over to GP (Global Population) pattern to make shifting more natural.

·
Registered
820 Posts
But even you must admit that moving the throttle to the RHS and clutch to LHS as you run it in USA is pretty crazy.

when you want to go forwards faster, you move the throttle BACKWARDS. But when you want to slow down you move it FORWARD!!!!
Must be hard to get used to.
And how about USA using clutch with left hand!!!! Are you all left handed over there or something?
At least your road racers are smart enough to switch your gear shift over to GP (Global Population) pattern to make shifting more natural.
Now, I can tell you haven’t fully thought this through…..

Ahhh, but, but the bottom side (the “down under” side) of the throttle tube IS moving in the FORWARD direction when the bike is moving forward and it moves BACKWARDS to slow! Duh! You are looking at this all WRONG!

The throttle is way more important anyway. The control that contributes directly to climate change should obviously be handled by the RIGHT HAND! Numerous studies have proven this to be an indisputable FACT! Makes more sense to relegate clutch duties to the more commonly less dominate LEFT HAND!

Some really smart people here in United States figured this stuff out! Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy by chance??? Look, we know what we are doing!

The Moto GP (Global Population) race series happens to be my favorite.

Reactions: cr500

·
Registered
40 Posts
Now, I can tell you haven’t fully thought this through…..

Ahhh, but, but the bottom side (the “down under” side) of the throttle tube IS moving in the FORWARD direction when the bike is moving forward and it moves BACKWARDS to slow! Duh! You are looking at this all WRONG!

The throttle is way more important anyway. The control that contributes directly to climate change should obviously be handled by the RIGHT HAND! Numerous studies have proven this to be an indisputable FACT! Makes more sense to relegate clutch duties to the more commonly less dominate LEFT HAND!

Some really smart people here in United States figured this stuff out! Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy by chance??? Look, we know what we are doing!

The Moto GP (Global Population) race series happens to be my favorite.
Well why is it that 99? Of crashes I see on YouTube are riders on RHS of the road.

Riders from other countriesobviously don’t crash very often except for the following reasons.

British riders crash because they are drunk and concussed after riding back from football/soccer hooligan fights on wet roads while swearing at motorists, the weather, letter boxes and pretty much anything.

Australian riders only come off because we are drunk from breakfast, too busy swearing at our best friends and we hit a kangaroo.

Italians only crash because they take their hands off the bars to gesticulate at slower riders and have been drinking too much vino.

French riders only come off when their baguettes fall down and-jam between the bars and fairing. Their hands are too slippery from eating snails and frog legs to get a good grip on the bars.
The Germans only fall off because they drank 6 steins for lunch and when they ride home at 300kmh on the autobahn, their grippy leiderhosen pants don’t allow them to swing over on the seat enough.

The Kiwis fall off because. Welll, Ummm, they are Kiwis.
Japanese only fall off because their eyes are half shut while riding in busy traffic full of pedestrians wearing cartoon character costumes.
Belgians fall off because their country is so small that when they take off , as they lift their foot off the ground, they run into the border crossing.
Canadians only fall off because they are riding on ice and whenever they slow down to apologise for passing

Scottish only falloff because, because, well you try riding in a kilt in cold weather with your jewels flapping in the breeze while trying to dodge haggis running out on the road.

Chinese only fall off because their bikes are crap and break while dodging 1.2 Billion other riders.

Sorry if I’ve left any nationalities out, I will be rude, racist and offensive to you next time. (But I’m Australian, it is considered polite in our society)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I’m sure what you are seeing on YouTube is mostly Russian propaganda! A lot like FAKE NEWS! Any videos of American riders crashing are obviously staged. You can’t actually believe what you are seeing on YouTube. Only approved crash videos that are distributed by the Ministry of Truth should be allowed for public viewing! It’s too risky to allow the public to consume uncensored content.

As for the rest of your post, I’d say that is a pretty thorough assessment of the SELF INFLICTED problems riders in other countries face on a daily basis! Apparently, it’s culture that is the root cause of most crashes. Do away with culture…..do away with crashes. Cultural Marxism in a nutshell.

Snail slime on your grips? Deadly baguettes locking up your steering? Do Belgian bikes even need brakes? Dodging furry costumes sounds like some LSD trip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts