Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Seem to be having an issue with loading a saved auto tune map to my mini X ECU.
All the tuning videos I have found are for the mini5 era. Which uses a different App- aRacer Smart or something. (These ECUs are Bluetooth the minix is Wi-Fi.) therefore I had to install aRacer Xtune app, which is very similar.

I ran through got everything hooked up and connected and got the bike idling good and let it warm up. Then turned AutoTune on. Went out for a couple of runs and saved a couple of maps. I went to turn CL on … realized it had to be purchased… no big deal the app was free, so I purchased the setting. (See photo to show that app has confirmed its been purchased.)

now with the bike ignition on I go to load a map and I get a “not upgraded” or something and map will not be loaded (see photo.)
Am I missing a step ? Or do I need to purchase/upgrade something else? I do not want to just run in AT all the time. Would like to start messing with an actual map.

thanks ahead of time ! View attachment 92674
View attachment 92673

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Connected phone to ECU and ECU to phone hotspot and still can’t get the purchased items to download to ECU on bike. Still getting same error message when trying to load an saved AT map
Font Electronic device Multimedia Terrestrial plant Screenshot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Justin V. The aRacer XTune app was free. But some features you need to purchase, at least from my understanding. There are many features that are free and come with the app, such as auto tune and idle adjust and so on. But to upload a saved auto tune map you need to purchase close loop. Which I’ve done, but now can’t get my ECU to update.

I first bought ($10 or so) and tried aRacer Smart because most videos said Mini 5/Mini X but the X series connects via Wi-Fi and no blue tooth and would not be found in the”blink” search.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you sure that isnt so you can use the stock narrow band? if your using the AF2 with wide band, I dont think you need this feature. When you say you saved a auto tune map, how did you save it? The unit itself works the same way the mini 5 did, it just has a couple of new features and wifi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe?
I loaded the “Stock” map in the quick burn setting- did some riding with auto tune. Went through the rpm ranges etc etc. then saved the autotune map with the bike still idling then shut the bike down. I had saved a total of 3 AT maps.
Font Rectangle Gadget Electric blue Multimedia

And when I’m connected to the bike above the “saved maps” it’s the stock 125 map that’s loaded from the quick burn.
From there I try to loaded one of my saved AT runs and get the error message.
Azure Sky Font Screenshot Operating system

I feel like If I run the closed loop it would be running CL on the stock 125 map from the quick burn, not my saved AT map.

there is plenty of info on the mini 5 and it’s close but not exactly the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will play around with mine tonight, so i can give you a better recommendation but for now

1. When your in auto tune, you can save the adjustments one of two ways, simply turn the motor off with the key, or in the app, turn off auto tune. When you turn the bike off with the key, it will not prompt you to save anything, it just does it, when you turn off Auto Tune through the app, it will ask if you want to save the changes. You will not see these changes, it just applies to modified values to the quick burn map that you flashed initially.

2. When your done auto tuning, and have AT turned off, if you go to Maps, then you can save it, that way down the road you can reload the entire map, instead of starting over

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, so I was wrong about one thing, when you turn off auto tune, it doesn't prompt you to save the changes, it saves changes when you turn off the ignition switch (the key, not the kill switch). I did confirm that when you save the map, and try to load it, it prompts the same message you got, but that message only says if you used a free feature to to generate the map, that feature wont be included when you upload the map. I know its a little confusing, but it does allow you to upload map you saved. I think that upgrade is for the stock narrow band usage, as the wideband in either AT or CL is part of the base package

1 - 11 of 11 Posts