Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using RC Mini 5, the timing tables are all set to 0.

This means they are adjusted to the stock Grom/Monkey timing of 6°?

I'm doing Auto tune on my 181 4 valve and trying to figure out where to set timing, if I need to drop the table to -6.

Any experts please weigh in.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
My limited understanding is the Aracer is plus 5 from the oem ecu, so you would need to minus 5 across the board to be at stock settings. I do NOT have a big bore and I am NOT an aracer expert.

Reactions: Chillis

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Base map? I think the 170bbk map has timing pulled. Not sure if there is a bbk map compatible with the monkey.
I may erase everything and use that map to start(170).

This is the type of info that needs to be available and yet isn't even though these bikes have been being built and tuned for years.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve read that Aracer will release new Monkey map real soon. Including bbk maps.
I hope so, and that they fix the oil temperature reading to the dash.

I want to ride the bike and dial it but it may be better to wait. Up top it is way off on the timing. Maybe I'll just go in to the timing chart and back everything off by 5.

Then richen the AFR more.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
148 Posts
Have you plugged it into the computer? You can view the raw timing table in the app. I'm not sure if you can even do it on the computer for the mini5 or if it's a super2 feature. I'm not an aracer expert.

Sent from my Atom_XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you plugged it into the computer? You can view the raw timing table in the app. I'm not sure if you can even do it on the computer for the mini5 or if it's a super2 feature. I'm not an aracer expert.

I'm on the mini5 so I only see the app and that is limited.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a reply back from ARacer about timing:

"0 means no off set from original table. If we check the square small SA parameter on the bottom. we can see the real time SA."

So whatever timing stock is that means across the board subtract it to get to 0?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
Does anyone have access to the oem ecu timing map? Would one of our ecu flashers (CJR, DHM) be willing to share it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I monitor SA on my aracer gauge and it does output the actual degree of advance. I have been meaning to log it and compare to the stock ignition table I have on my computer from dynojet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone have access to the oem ecu timing map? Would one of our ecu flashers (CJR, DHM) be willing to share it?
I should be able to get it from dynojet. I had the pv3 and software. It would give you the base map to tune. I think I pulled it already and had to invert the axes to get an semblance of an overlay. Mini5 is so low res

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got the PV3 but I've never been able to get into any maps.

Responded back to ARacer to see what my setup timing should be and also if there is a fix for the false temp readings on my dash after ARacer install.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I could only get one tune to open. Might have some advance if the dyno jet dudes added any for my cam and exhaust tune.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
148 Posts
Just remember Dynojet's TPS is an arbitrary number, no unit so not a percentage or anything.

View attachment 89982
It's not arbitrary. The pv3 uses throttle degrees instead of percent. The fully closed position isn't actually perpendicular to flow, so the max value to get the butterfly parallel to flow is only 78 degrees (not 90).

I can dig up the OEM spark table from the stock PV3 maps. I've got access to all the maps. Do you want the Grom stock timing or the monkey? They're different

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
If you are willing, please post both. I'm sure it will be of value to lots of people. Thanks!
It's not arbitrary. The pv3 uses throttle degrees instead of percent. The fully closed position isn't actually perpendicular to flow, so the max value to get the butterfly parallel to flow is only 78 degrees (not 90).

I can dig up the OEM spark table from the stock PV3 maps. I've got access to all the maps. Do you want the Grom stock timing or the monkey? They're different

1 - 20 of 47 Posts