Honda Grom banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Wow !! you went balls deep , with your porting work.
Apparently, it's what the fast guys do..... LOL :cool:

Just got it all back together, what a difference! Butt dyno says 15+++ hp from a cheap cheap Yuminashi 143 kit. Old SX290 8.2 Yuminashi hi lift cam I have been running has been waiting to be allowed to breathe.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Also tested the capacitors on the battery, seems to have helped keep the voltage steady 11 ish volts during startup, so the TPS readings don't go crazy. If it catches the piston on the compression stroke it still struggles, but I can bump the starter to get it past the compression stroke & it fires off easily. MiniX seems to like this much better.

Cylinder Bullet Auto part Font Metal

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
aRacer X-Tune app update just landed in the Play Store....... Launch Control is working now!!!!! Had to reset wifi & reconnect to the ECU 1st with the phone, then setup the HotSpot again, but works nonetheless!
They also added new features, BUT......... THEY DON'T WORK, even though the newsletter says at least RT power & Torque should on the MiniX.

Font Gadget Electronic device Multimedia Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Multimedia

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I haven’t completely read the thread- just a quick skim but man, it makes me not looking forward to when I install/setup mine. I thought the minix/af2 was supposed to be top notch
Works good, now that I have most of the bugs worked out, bike is running better & stronger than it ever has now...... That's the reason for this post in the 1st place..... To hopefully help others not have to struggle as much as I have to get theirs going right.

I think they rushed the release of these, with minimum real world testing.....

· Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for all the work on this. Looks like at the end of the day the AF2 needs to be powered separately. New battery helps along with a few caps.

Reactions: shush319

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks for all the work on this. Looks like at the end of the day the AF2 needs to be powered separately. New battery helps along with a few caps.
Pretty much..... And don't run Auto-Tune with dec fuel cut on, or you'll be sitting on the side of the road trying to figure out why the bike was running so good then just died like mine did this morning. Guessing it was just DUMPING fuel because it thought it was lean when off throttle. LOL

Good thing I have two AT maps saved so I can reload the map real quick when something acts weird.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Several hundred miles now since the upgrades & app update. Bike is running amazing! I have added timing back where I had pulled it to combat the idle hang. Pard, I have discovered that with closed loop turned on, and Dec Fuel Cut (DFC) on, there is ZERO idle hang, but every time I turn those off & try to auto-tune again it is there. After AT session, turn CL & DFC back on, idle hang is gone.

Cliff notes: Yuminashi 143 kit + MiniX + AF2 + Wicked Grom AF2 power harness + heavily ported head matched to Koso 30.5 to 34mm intake + 34mm Throttle Body & 120cc injector + just added a 2" diameter 90 degree silicone hose & aluminum coupler so I could get the filter off the TB (did weird midrange things like that) = bike runs amazing! 70 mph GPS in 3rd gear, on a 14t front sprocket, amazing.

Going to the track Saturday for the 1st time with the 143 installed, should be interesting. Also going to head to the DYNO soon to get a proper tune, now that I FINALLY have all the bugs worked out.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Went to the track yesterday (1st time in over a year & 1st time with the 143 porting & aRacer setup, and 1st time with Composimo bars), bike ran flawlessly :cool:, I am pretty rusty. My buddy running the same bore with a stock head, throttle body, airbox with bigger Koso intake tube & filter), TB cam, & a DHM flash, makes 14.1hp & I could catch him at will, & dust him on the straights after about the 3rd session :cool: . Good Times!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts