Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into doing some changes to my Finbro 183 grom and do some mix matching of cylinder and heads and cam for my next project once I get my Takegawa 181-4v broken in.

I was wondering if anyone used TBolt USA parts since their selling points on their cylinder were
Ceramic coated all aluminum cylinder.

Anyone used them with any luck????

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm using that one, quality sure didn't seem like an issue. I have the finblo bbk head with it and no problems. Only about 50 miles on due to fueling concerns and lack of time.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm using that one, quality sure didn't seem like an issue. I have the finblo bbk head with it and no problems. Only about 50 miles on due to fueling concerns and lack of time.
thank you for the feed back

did you have to cut reliefs in the piston for the intake or exhaust valve?

I like TBolt cylinder materials that they use for their cylinder wall and how much better the cylinder is for cooling.

My setup will be to use the BrianS 170 ported head on my build and going back to the Finbro ported intake pipe and stock throttle body using the PC-150 f/i and the duel spring setup with DCR cam.

I was having great power with the BrianS 170 kit and I believe his ported head for a 2v system was the best on the market.

·
Registered
386 Posts
T Bolt helped me a lot when I was racing Mini SX. Never had a problem using there goods. Give them a call Vince is very helpful.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T Bolt helped me a lot when I was racing Mini SX. Never had a problem using there goods. Give them a call Vince is very helpful.
thanks for the info

I was reading up on how their cylinder is built and I like the fact that they don't use steel/metal sleeve and their cylinder walls are
ceramic coated all aluminum cylinder with larger fins

·
Registered
870 Posts
TBolt is a great company....I use them for all my SSR stuff and bought a 150 motor off them that has been killer

·
Registered
352 Posts
thank you for the feed back

did you have to cut reliefs in the piston for the intake or exhaust valve?

I like TBolt cylinder materials that they use for their cylinder wall and how much better the cylinder is for cooling.

My setup will be to use the BrianS 170 ported head on my build and going back to the Finbro ported intake pipe and stock throttle body using the PC-150 f/i and the duel spring setup with DCR cam.

I was having great power with the BrianS 170 kit and I believe his ported head for a 2v system was the best on the market.

All I did was assemble with double base gasket and turn over by hand. Using Koso tb, intake and cam. Cooled by frame mount Kitaco 5-row.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
186cc is getting to a bore where the headgasket is gonna be real THIN at the cam chain side..... also you get what you pay for.
Maybe on the Finbro's but seems pretty good on the Tbolt unit

Finbro 183 with steel sleeve

Finbro 183 head gasket

I noticed that Finbro is using thicker copper head gasket

this is gasket of my 170cc BrianS grom at over 8K miles of use

1 - 11 of 11 Posts