Honda Grom banner

Anyone seen the new Cycle World?

5K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Remould 
#1 ·
All Grom cover! Pretty cool, and good to see some mainstream consideration. Don't forget to stop by the MNNTHBX ad in the back......

#3 ·
I was a little disappointed. No specs for the potential buyer or how the bike works in the real world. Hammering it around a skate park isn't exactly what I'd call a proper road test for a street-legal bike. They never bothered to mentioned it's fantastic gas mileage, either which is a real shame.

At the risk of sounding like an old fuddyduddy the MSX125/Grom does have some very practical aspects for a daily rider and Cycle World chose to make it sound like a toy and nothing more.

Reactions: johnyaddy
#10 ·
In an urban environment, most definitely! But then again, that is what the Honda Z50J Monkey was designed for - urban exploration and basic transpo. However it is the users that will define the Grom, not Honda marketing.

Will it be the ultimate fun close-range commuter, or the platform for customizing and extracting an unnatural amount of horsepower from a tiny engine. I like to think of it as the latter...... but that's me....

#11 ·
Since it goes 60+ mph, I use it frequently for highway (R lane only) commuting. It is legal to take it on interstates in Texas. In fact, I prefer it for medium length trips of 50 miles or so on the highway to San Antonio usually because of the excellent mileage. I don't think of it as a toy...just a small displacement motorcycle. For shopping trips, I have scooters I use, and for long interstate trips or when I am in a hurry, I take a faster motorcycle. If I couldn't take it on the interstate, I would sell it though cause that's how I generally get from one side of town to the other. It is more versatile than some are giving it credit for, at least for me.

#18 ·
I'm 215 and I love it. I never leave any of my Hondas stock though. It is almost as fun as my 900rr minus the speed.

Sent from my DROID DNA using HondaGrom.net mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.