Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They want you to use paypal or open a path to a bank account. I once used paypal to put a deposit on a motorcycle in another city. It was $200. The seller sold the motorcycle to another party and tried to keep my deposit! Paypal didnt refund my money. (something about a 90 day cooling off period while the two of us came to an "understanding") Lucky for me my credit card company debited pp. As for opening a path to my bank account in this day of electronic tomfoolery I am reluctant to do that.

But maybe others have bought parts from Tland successfully and I am just being paranoid?

As another possible angle here, I want one of those aftermarket YSS shocks. Anyone have one? Anyone have another similiar brand? I have tried reasoning with the sellers in Thailand without success. Maybe they understand my position now and will send me a free shock as a token of apology? (ha!)

Help I am in GROM agony!

·
Registered
126 Posts
People in Thailand do shopping via facebook and line messanger app. They go to their bank and send the money to the shop and give the shop the details on shipping through Line.
BTW I have a YSS shock, There are many kinds over here though. Some are non gas, gas, and a remote gas via braided line.
This is the one I have

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm I need one with as soft a ride as possible. Any thoughts as to which one of those shocks might fit the bill? I know you have said the YSS shock you have is softer than the origional.

But how much? Any thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
126 Posts
It so soft I now worry about the front forks, Seems like I can bottom them out by going fast into a steep drive way or over a speed bump.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
They want you to use paypal or open a path to a bank account. I once used paypal to put a deposit on a motorcycle in another city. It was $200. The seller sold the motorcycle to another party and tried to keep my deposit! Paypal didnt refund my money. (something about a 90 day cooling off period while the two of us came to an "understanding") Lucky for me my credit card company debited pp. As for opening a path to my bank account in this day of electronic tomfoolery I am reluctant to do that.

But maybe others have bought parts from Tland successfully and I am just being paranoid?

As another possible angle here, I want one of those aftermarket YSS shocks. Anyone have one? Anyone have another similiar brand? I have tried reasoning with the sellers in Thailand without success. Maybe they understand my position now and will send me a free shock as a token of apology? (ha!)

Help I am in GROM agony!
Echo, I don't think PayPal was the problem here, it was the seller. Several folks have ordered parts from TygaPaul via PayPal and had no issues at all.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right.

Paypal did me wrong. If they did that on a regular basis with the public they would be out of business. They arent so they must be doing something right.

For someone. Just not me!

I could be talked into using them again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Happy with Tyga's shipping ,service the products.Used pay pal. Paid extra for UPS shipping.Here in Texas three days later. Will use again

·
Registered
296 Posts
I use Paypal every day and they've always been good to me. I learned the hard way never to give bank account information to anyone though. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Glad feedback on our service is favorable. If you have any issues, just drop me a PM or email me off the site. We want you to order with confidence.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got a quote to ahip here to states in like a week for 80 bucks i think. I was gunna order white plastics but it ended up being 260. Nope not right now

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, one option to keep the cost down would be to order now but to go for the budget shipping option we offer. SAL takes 2-4 weeks but it reliable. We try to cater for everyone's situation. Obviously shipping costs what it costs, and even with discount, it adds up so the SAL option is one way to save.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Well, one option to keep the cost down would be to order now but to go for the budget shipping option we offer. SAL takes 2-4 weeks but it reliable. We try to cater for everyone's situation. Obviously shipping costs what it costs, and even with discount, it adds up so the SAL option is one way to save.
I've bought white Grom Plastic from Tyga and I can say they stand behind their service. I had good service with them and I used the cheapest shipping that they offered and it came to me in good order. I do know that US Custom opened up my box because I seen new package tapping on my box.

If US custom used X-ray with out opening my box they would see that it was only a metal luggage rack, 14T counter sprocket and motorcycle plastic body parts plus some neat stickers from Tyga.

Thanks again Paul/Tyga for such good service, I'm wondering if you can get the YELLOW GROM Plastic body parts:smile:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I ordered stuff from msxsport.com and the prices are the best I've seen. It took a while for them to ship because a Thai holiday and honda back ordering parts but once it shipped I got it in less than 3 weeks and it was packed great. If you don't mind waiting I would recommend them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I ordered stuff from msxsport.com and the prices are the best I've seen. It took a while for them to ship because a Thai holiday and honda back ordering parts but once it shipped I got it in less than 3 weeks and it was packed great. If you don't mind waiting I would recommend them.
I hadn't found that website, there goes some more $$.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts