Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have something similar on my jeep. Used a GPS to dial in the speedo once I changed tires and gears.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
pretty cool this is based on percentage and not mph, that way once you correct it at 60. 75 and 50 (all speeds) are also correct.

i guess i'm just a stickler, i like knowing my actual speed. The reason why i removed the 16 T were: i didnt get a higher top speed and speedo was off.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
pretty cool this is based on percentage and not mph, that way once you correct it at 60. 75 and 50 (all speeds) are also correct.

i guess i'm just a stickler, i like knowing my actual speed. The reason why i removed the 16 T were: i didnt get a higher top speed and speedo was off.

It's just nice to have it accurate.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am in for one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am in for one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using HondaGrom.net mobile app

Should be arriving in our shop tomorrow.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

They arrived today.

Time for some testing and Video ;-)

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Well we got it done.
The install took all of like 2-3 min.
And the programming takes about 1 min.

100% plug-n-Play.

And it works.

Speedometer is now accurate.

Odometer is now accurate.

See complete Video Installation:

·
Registered
752 Posts
This speedo corrector is great, but don't make the mistake I made. There are two bullet connectors in that wire bundle - make sure you get the one shown in the video and not the neutral indicator. I was able to program mine connected to the neutral indicator, but there was no neutral light, no ability to start in neutral and the kickstand kill switch kills the bike when in neutral.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This speedo corrector is great, but don't make the mistake I made. There are two bullet connectors in that wire bundle - make sure you get the one shown in the video and not the neutral indicator. I was able to program mine connected to the neutral indicator, but there was no neutral light, no ability to start in neutral and the kickstand kill switch kills the bike when in neutral.

Yep.

We've had a few of those phone calls. ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I almost did the same last night, but I traced the wires when I saw there was a pair and went with the one that went with the white connector down to the speed sensor!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Alright I did read up and seriously; who need to know exactly how fast our Grom is going when it ain't going fast at all! 55 vs 53 doesn't really matter does it? ^^

Being nerds and all we use our phones and apps to measure this already, but I dunno. Perhaps I'm off.

Still like HR's reference tho:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts