We are getting setup with this company that offers a Speedo corrector for the Grom.
You basically program is to adjust your speed to CORRECT Speeds.
Example: Currently your Bike shows 65 ..... TRUE Speed 60 ..... Then your Correction is -7.7%
Then you would program it to -7.7% and it would correct your speedo to show 60 at 60 mph
Q: How do you do this..?
A: 3 options
Temporarily mount a GPS system on your bike that reads m.p.h. and compare 60 mph on your gauge to TRUE Reading on GPS.
Follow another vehicle with a known accurate speedometer. Most late model automobiles with stock wheels and tires are accurate within 1%. Have them drive 60 mph and you follow behind and see what your speedo shows
Use a motorcycle dyno. They have very accurate speedometer readings.
- The smallest electronic speedometer/odometer calibration device in the world.
- Works perfectly by itself OR with a pc3, pcv, bazzaz, or any other fuel controller or gear indicator.
- Priced below any competing product on the market
- Easier to setup than any other device on the market
- Allows speedometer correction in 0.1% steps, up to 99.9% + or -
- Saves max speed, which can be recalled to your stock speedometer gauge
- Simple plug-in installation for many vehicles using factory OEM connectors
- Works for vehicles which display MPH or KPH
- Ability to convert MPH to KPH, or KPH to MPH
- 3 year product replacement warranty
- Fully PLUG-n-PLAY
From the factory the MPH is off a little.
If you have changed the Size of your tire... Like most of us.. Then Your speedo will be off.
If you have changed your Gearing (Sprocket sizes).... Then Your Speedo will be off.