Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forum. Even though they are still two months out there is a lot of info on here about them. If you want one you better get a deposit in soon. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
What he said ^^^ also, check out the "member map" on here, there's several people in the delmarva area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

Just joined the site today, and I was wondering any of you living in the DMV were planning to get one.
I preordered mine already, I am 2nd in Line at Coleman Powersports.. hope they come in on time

If you are not already riding local, check out our meetup group... mostly 125-300cc scoots and bikes.. we lead a lot of local day rides. DC Spin Doctors (Arlington, VA) - Meetup

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I preordered mine already, I am 2nd in Line at Coleman Powersports.. hope they come in on time

If you are not already riding local, check out our meetup group... mostly 125-300cc scoots and bikes.. we lead a lot of local day rides. DC Spin Doctors (Arlington, VA) - Meetup
Kev187, what did Coleman's quote you? I've got a deposit on one at another dealer, I'm in Alexandria. I also rode with the spin doctors once I think. I was on a Stella by genuine scooters, while I was working at Colemans. I'm down for DMV Grom runs. I think skyline dr. Would be fun on a Grom. It's a PITA on a gsxr1000. DC rides would be a hoot. I also want to truck my grom to route 33 in west VA for some real mountain knee down time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the heads up man! I'm in Silver Spring, which isn't too far from DC. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the quote you?

The Meetup looks cool btw. Unfortunately the Grom will be my first bike that I will actually own so I wouldn't be able to attend those. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the heads up man! I'm in Silver Spring, which isn't too far from DC. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the quote you?

The Meetup looks cool btw. Unfortunately the Grom will be my first bike that I will actually own so I wouldn't be able to attend those. Thanks for the heads up though.
Well once you get comfortable riding, you can definitely join a group ride. The pace of the rides is mellow 45mph average speed, we often have new riders on Buddy 125 and Vespa 150 scoots

Coleman and all the local dealers are basically charging full msrp + about $500 in frieght prep fees. So about $3500. We can seem to get the good deals local here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$2999 out the door these guys down in TN are paying is much nicer...

But Ill take the dealer 10 mile away!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
to be honest... I just realized that this is the first month that i start my $250 a month repayment of my 30k+ student loan this month.

To pre-order grom... or to pay back the man... i need to set me priorities straight lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys, I'm reviving the DC-area threads to see if anyone from the area is still alive on the forum.. :) Just got my Grom and would be up for a meetup in the DMV

·
Registered
257 Posts
Awesome - I am definitely in to do this once we get out of this crazy weather we've been having. I'm a relative newb so I just won't take them too fast. ;)
Where do you like to ride around WV?
I like to ride up on the mountain in Harpers Ferry, but to be honest a lot of my roads around me are twisty and very fun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts