Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Chimera intake with a K&N filter, after about 80kms I checked the spark plug , it is white as milk. When at about 6000rm I hear a rattling sound (seems to be coming from the cyl. )Also sucking in so much air that I can no longer hear the exhaust note from my Moriwaki. Is there such a thing as too much air ?

Anyone have this issue ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have been wondering how folks who have added just this intake and an exhaust would fair. While it's great that this unit appears to be freeing up the oem air supply I am starting to believe that that other mods are needed when adding just these to two items to a stock bike. I find it interesting though that I have only heard of maybe three folks running lean with this intake and an exhaust. Could it be that others are not having issues or are other folks not checking the plug?

shawn

·
Registered
619 Posts
Probably running really lean and the cylinder temps are climbing and causing detonation..... Try 93 octane fuel and see if the rattling goes away..

·
Registered
206 Posts
try to run better gas ever better than 93 is non-ethanol or non- corn sugar gas as I call it. Sunoco has it that's I run with my inlet tube intake which was free and my briggs air filter. look at diy air box mods for my posts of more pics of how cheap easy and cool looking it is. GetAttachment (3).jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/7-grom-talk/3990-can-airbox-mod-make-you-run-too-lean-3.html

This is my spark plug (Post#26) does yours look like this? my bike is all stock.
I would say that my plug is about the same color as yours. I just find this to be too lean to my taste. On my C1100F I threw a valve out the exhaust running with K&N filters. I will try changing fuel. I did notice last fill up there was a claim "May contain 10% bla bla bla......Concerning fuel controlers I see there ar a f ou the, Bazzaz , ELK, the than the price difference .......wht is the difference.

Or should I say who makes the best and the most user friendly ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Manual has two options... Would we want Optional?

Standard is #6 Heat Range - Optional is at #7 Heat Range

Standard CPR6EA-9 (NGK) U20EPR9 (DENSO)

Optional CPR7EA-9 (NGK) U22EPR9 (DENSO)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Ive got this intake and a DG Performance pipe. My bikes seems to run great but I have not checked the plug yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bike got tuned up at the Honda shop in town and they said it was extremely lean as well. I have rx9 exhaust and I took and opened up my air box. Any recommendations to richin the bike up? With out buying the dyno kits?

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

1 - 17 of 17 Posts