Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if after a few weeks, people grow tired of this thing, if it has enough power, utility, bang for the buck, etc. There's been a lot of hype over it. Anyone here with a lot of bikes that finds themselves already not riding this thing? I'm wondering if I should get one or not, as I'm used to having more power, and already have a stable of bikes. Don't want to drop 4k on one, drive it 2 weeks, and end up back on my supermoto everyday anyway.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nope not at all. Only thing I regret is putting on the first set of handlebars which were too low. Just got back from a ride. SUPER fun little bike and at 100 mpg perfect for short trips.

Also, first time in 15 years that I have given serious thought to selling my Harley.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think the best part about this thing started before anyone got a bike and that's the sense of community. Second to that is the uniqueness of the bike. I can't tell you how many people have asked me about it or broke their necks watching me go by. Third would be making it your own with the aftermarket support this bike is going to get. These are all my opinion but I'm sure others who own the bike can agree with me.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nope not at all, if I need fast i'll ride my Nighthawk 750SC

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's actually a LOT better than what I was expecting. I expected it to be much slower, less well finished, and ride with a little crappiness. Nope, relatively quick, typical Honda finish and a pretty solid ride.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ive owned a 2005 R1 and a 2008 R1. Sold both because i found myself riding my Modified Honda Ruckus more then the R1.
Now that i own a grom. I see myself selling my Ruckus's because they give me the same feeling as a Ruck. A little kick in the ass small bike.

The R1 was only Fun when breaking the law or pushing myself too hard in turns.

for $3,000 i dont think there would be anything else id rather buy (new bike) or even USED

A Ninja250 i think is around that price. But Then you are stuck with a womans motorcyle.
The grom is.. more of a ... Yeah its small. but its So fun to ride.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nope. Lovin every minute of it

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's fun, but it's not going to have the power of your supermoto. If you're ok with that, then this a great city bike. Lots of fun to ride once you get it out of first and get over that you can't really hear the motor running. But really fun on twisty streets.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's fun, but it's not going to have the power of your supermoto. If you're ok with that, then this a great city bike. Lots of fun to ride once you get it out of first and get over that you can't really hear the motor running. But really fun on twisty streets.

Yea, thats my only issue currently...wish it had just a little bit more balls. I dont mind staying off the big highways where everyone wants to go 80 mph...but It would be nice to be able to hit 65 or so I dont feel like im in the way on the 55 mph highways.

I find that mine struggles a bit to maintain even 55 with any kinda wind or incline to climb lol

·
Registered
677 Posts
Need to open her up. 60 is no problem for me, and hit 69mph yesterday

Reactions: jmzd4

·
Registered
246 Posts
Need to open her up. 60 is no problem for me, and hit 69mph yesterday

How would you recommend I do that? I did the air box mod but not sure that helped much.

Ive hit 65 tucking on a backroad with no wind....but sitting up normally 55-60 is all I can get.

I saw that you were running the TB wide open...does that help a lot?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
im satisfied.. i can see there are going to be more and more things i will want to do.. when they come out with bigger kits to give more power.. that will be great.. but for now.. smiles and miles.. one thing though.. some people that come up are really digging it.. then yesterday one of my friends at gas station was like. thats smaller then your scooter.. lol wtf

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Its actually better than I expected. The fit and finish is very good for a mini. The motor runs great. I did 55 mph on a new bike with 10 miles on it. Its a motorcycle with a small engine, the forks aren't that bad the handling is stable at top speed, the brakes are good though I can tell mine need to bed in still. The gear box is fine, finding neutral isn't hard. I'm very satisfied. I traded old motorcycles for one new one, good deal to me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts