Honda Grom banner

Anyone have a GoPro?

5K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  CiscoSanJose 
#1 ·
I have a GoPro with a whole variety of mounts. The chest mount called a CHESTY is my favorite for little bikes. Here is a little video of me on one of my CRF50s.

#5 ·
I use a RAM mount for my iPhone on my 900RR. I also have a RAM mount for the roll at in my track car. Love them as well

#8 ·
ive got a hero and a hero 3, handlebar mount and chesty. i love it. when i get home i may link a vid or 2 from my old dirt z50

#10 ·
never used any no name stickys before. all i know is one time i put a gopro sticky on one of my helmets, attached the camera an didn't like the angle, an i tried to take it off with just my hands an couldn't!!! lol..... had to get a screw driver to get it to start peeling off.... i was like wtf this 2 way sticky tape is fkn amazing... lol

#20 ·
My Gopro was recently lost in a horrific drone crash.

Before my addiction to the FPV drone hobby, I used the Gopro for some mini bike vids. I like this position better than the helmet because you can see more of the bike and gauges. I used the suction cup mount for this. Holds real good on a Gorilla tank but has the dreaded CMOS jello at certain RPMs. I bought a Chesty to eliminate the jello and to keep the field of view the same but have not yet edited any videos with it.

I hope I can find a pipe for the Grom that sounds as good as this Tsukigi pipe does.

#23 ·
Usually you would have to edit the raw footage in to "digestible" chunks. The editing is the time consuming part of capturing and posting video. You can spend a few hours trying to get a 5 minute video from a whole weekend worth of footage.

Uploading to something like youtube is not bad when you have 5 to 10 minute videos. If you really want people to watch and enjoy your stuff, 5 or 6 minutes should be max.

I would love to see some of your Alps video!

#26 · (Edited)
I like my Contour+2; it has a GPS which embeds the data into the video and you can overlay Google Earth to show your track, speed, elevation and distance. Great video, plus I can bluetooth it to my iphone and see where it is pointing so I can adjust the angle of the lens (it rotates) and change the angle of the mount if need be.

#28 ·
The update for the app is pretty good. As far as photo sharing goes anyway. You now can save ur gopro pics an videos to ur smartphone through wifi. The app creates a gopro album. You have to save to the album manually tho. But still better than having to connect to a computer to share your photos and videos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.