Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom MSX125
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’m a new rider, working on getting my license, and I was wondering if there are any Grom gangs around NY?

I live in Suffolk County on Long Island, and I kind of feel out of place having a little bike around here. I don’t see many, plus everyone drives like maniacs...I’m wondering how the Grom will handle when it comes to trying to merge onto highways?

Would love to talk to anyone with advice (especially anyone that’s been to LI before), and also to find other Groms to ride with!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's a group that runs out of Suffolk called the "Gromen Noodles". I've seen their page on instagram, looks like they get together pretty regularly a the Sonic on Deer Park Ave.

As for the highway, I wouldn't both with it on the Grom. I rode mine once on the highway, and it was during the pandemic lock downs so it was empty. Otherwise maybe ride it in traffic when everyone is moving slowly.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom MSX125
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a group that runs out of Suffolk called the "Gromen Noodles". I've seen their page on instagram, looks like they get together pretty regularly a the Sonic on Deer Park Ave.

As for the highway, I wouldn't both with it on the Grom. I rode mine once on the highway, and it was during the pandemic lock downs so it was empty. Otherwise maybe ride it in traffic when everyone is moving slowly.
Thanks so much for the info! I gotta look into that group. As for the highways, that must have been fun riding on the empty roads! The pandemic lockdown is what made me go and get a bike because I thought it’d be the perfect time to learn, but then everything reopened and the traffic is crazy again 😑

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suffolk here (Farmingville). just had a surgery, should be able to ride again early December. If you want to wrench or meet up let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts