Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke,

I just received an email from my Honda rep due to a delay in shipment for new vehicles. I may not have a Grom for you until September. At this time it looks like we may only receive 2 Groms in the month of August but I can not yet confirm completely (customs delays, shipment allotments etc.)

I will be calling you early this morning.

this is exactly why, i have three deposits down. plan a,b and c....

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Yep it is storming like Hell on the Island of Hawaii and in the town of Hilo, got a call and email from my family. I guess no motorcycle riding till the storm moves on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
are these level 5 powerhouse dealers? i am number 2 at my local level 5, but they refuse to give a release date other than early august.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No, mine is a small local dealer.
i Had a deposit at a small local dealer and a friend had a deposit at the powerhouse dealer. The powerhouse dealer told him late july early august so i called my local small dealer and he would not give me any timeframe. After a few weeks of reading these boards I decided to stop in and see if they had a date and my salesman was annoyed that i was there asking. My salesman looked me in the eye and said " I assure you we got your grom ordered and you will be the first to get one." I kept pressing for a date so he asked his manager and I overheard the manager say " That bike is over sold we will not be getting it." Needless to say I got my deposit back and got the #2 spot at the powerhouse dealer.

·
Registered
736 Posts
i Had a deposit at a small local dealer and a friend had a deposit at the powerhouse dealer. The powerhouse dealer told him late july early august so i called my local small dealer and he would not give me any timeframe. After a few weeks of reading these boards I decided to stop in and see if they had a date and my salesman was annoyed that i was there asking. My salesman looked me in the eye and said " I assure you we got your grom ordered and you will be the first to get one." I kept pressing for a date so he asked his manager and I overheard the manager say " That bike is over sold we will not be getting it." Needless to say I got my deposit back and got the #2 spot at the powerhouse dealer.
Had to suck for the sales guy to suck it up and admit that he was wrong... but he should have double checked after your 4th time checking. He should have realized he was dealing with someone informed :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My plan A is a level 5 powerhouse dealer (Kent in Kyle,tx ). When the sales manager told me that they were getting 6, I was hesitant, but i thought since they are level 5, they might actually get that many... Because of this board, i knew however, no other dealer was getting more than 3 on first shipment.

Should have know better, but that is why i have a Plan B and Plan C.

Sorry, I know i should grow up, and just relax... it will come when it will come.

But I'm so close to having a temper tantrum like this lady when she couldn't go to the lake

or this lady at an apple store...

I'm warning honda... they better get a grom to my plan A,B or C asap. it won't be pretty otherwise.

( i hope ya'll can take a joke...)

·
Registered
403 Posts
My plan A is a level 5 powerhouse dealer (Kent in Kyle,tx ). When the sales manager told me that they were getting 6, I was hesitant, but i thought since they are level 5, they might actually get that many... Because of this board, i knew however, no other dealer was getting more than 3 on first shipment.

Should have know better, but that is why i have a Plan B and Plan C.

Sorry, I know i should grow up, and just relax... it will come when it will come.

But I'm so close to having a temper tantrum like this lady when she couldn't go to the lake

or this lady at an apple store...

I'm warning honda... they better get a grom to my plan A,B or C asap. it won't be pretty otherwise.

( i hope ya'll can take a joke...)
That's for sure...you'll be more than a little GROM-PY!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I figure I will get my Grom when I get it. Worrying about ship dates and when someone else gets theirs will just drive me nuts.
Seriously...get it when I get it. Remember to post pictures and not just ride off into the sunset when you get yours!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts