Honda Grom banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kent Powersports offers and pushes service contracts for their bikes. Actually, they have a good service dept and I have a service contract on my Gixxer because of the difficult and very costly valve checks mostly. That cost was $1548 and runs for 3 years and includes oil, filter, air filter, all fluids...everything done at regular service intervals. Plus they give you 3 anytime oil changes. For the Grom the cost would have been $1080, but I declined. The reason mostly is the valve check again, but this time because it is so easy to do. Plus with valve checks so frequently on the Grom, that involves my leaving the bike at least 1 full day with them and that is not convenient for me. Anyone getting a service contract?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Wasn't even offered one but I would of declined anyway. I like doing everything I can myself.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
it was funny, the f &i lady started her spiel about it, but then suddenly thought wait arent you from texas?!!!

She didnt even finish the sentence, and transitioned to the HPP

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It might depend on if the dealer has a large and busy service area and where they think they can make money. Kent Powersports has 6 full-time mechanics I think. At least I always see them there, so they management may be trying to keep their mechanics busy. They do. Every time I've been in, they has a lot of bikes moving in and out and you can watch them work on your bike from an observation window up above. They are large enough, on Saturdays they have first come first serve service and that is also busy. Actually, this is the first time anyone offered me the service contract too, but when I was in Woods (Kawa, Yamaha, Suzuki) and asked about it, they said sure they offered them even though they had not asked me if I wanted one with previous bikes I bought from them. Anyway, $1585 3 year contract on a Gixxer 1000= good deal. $1085 for the Grom= not such a good deal. The other thing I noticed was they don't have parts available yet for the Grom. If I were to get the oil spinner serviced at the dealer, they don't have the gaskets for it, for example, and they don't have the proper spark plugs either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts