Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As excited as I am to get my hands on my Grom, I must admit that that it has crossed my mind that, with all the anticipation for this bike and it's potential cult status, there are probably guys out there that would really open up bank to be the first kid on the block to have one. Not sure what the mark up would be, but if you could sell it on for a big profit and get your deposit down for the next shipment, could you let it go?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes I would probably let it go for stupid money but not just to make one or two hundred. I would need to make a minimum of $500 to even consider it but probably would not sell it unless I was looking at a grand or more of profit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
As excited as I am to get my hands on my Grom, I must admit that that it has crossed my mind that, with all the anticipation for this bike and it's potential cult status, there are probably guys out there that would really open up bank to be the first kid on the block to have one. Not sure what the mark up would be, but if you could sell it on for a big profit and get your deposit down for the next shipment, could you let it go?
i have heard salesmen at dealers being offered $1,000 just to get from the first batch.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I'm betting a few dealers take advantage of this and throw em on eBay. With waiting lists adding up to quite a few months now it'd be an easy way to take advantage of the situation and make some extra $$.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the opportunity to buy both bikes coming to my powerhouse dealer. Stopped in yesterday for info and he didn't have a date but he also didn't have a second deposit on the grom. I'm paying cash for one of them and thinking about MAYBE, just MAYBE financing the other. If someone misses out on the first round of groms in the US and you have cash and a way to get it from Seattle to where ever I may be able to help you out. There won't be anything extra on the cost only the sticker fee my dealer is charging (basically without the title/tags all that bs).

I'm still throwing this idea around but if my wife lands her government job interview on Monday I'm doin it. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
funny how some dealers have double digit deposits and some have extra bikes they will have on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
530 Posts
funny how some dealers have double digit deposits and some have extra bikes they will have on the showroom floor.
Yea when he said "there was only one quote unquote order but we're getting two bikes" I perked up like sweatpants around Eva Longoria ... I thought about guys on the forum who might be third in line or whatnot and miss out. Granted I think the dealership would sell the thing the first day on the showroom floor but it'd be pretty gangster to leave the parking lot with two in the bed lol

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yea when he said "there was only one quote unquote order but we're getting two bikes" I perked up like sweatpants around Eva Longoria ... I thought about guys on the forum who might be third in line or whatnot and miss out. Granted I think the dealership would sell the thing the first day on the showroom floor but it'd be pretty gangster to leave the parking lot with two in the bed lol

Meah.... call me when you drive off with two in the bed and Eva Longoria in the passenger seat. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It would have to be some serious money to make me wait longer than I already am. Here in MS and even mobile AL it doesn't seem like too many deposits are down so I might be able to scoop up one without a wait lol.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
yeah but in that environment, with Groms on the showroom floor, who would pay more for a used one? Out here we might be able to make a few bucks but then we would be at the bottom of the next list.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would del my first grom for one million dollars!! Honestly if I could make a grand I'd have to consider it.
That's the number I was thinking could pry my fingers from the grips. But really don't know if the initial scarcity would drive someone to such desperation. Not even sure I could actually part with it even for one k lol.

·
Registered
872 Posts
This reminds me of when the PS3 came out. Remember when these things were being bought and reselling for over a grand on eBay?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Am I missing something? Just stating I can possibly help someone if they REALLY want one but don't get one when they want it ... I'm buying and keeping mine until the plastic rots through and wouldn't look to flip the other one for profit. There's an unclaimed GROM that will be coming in with a powerhouse dealer on the first shipment, take what you want out of that. Ride Motorsports.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd have to hang onto it for a month or so before I'd consider it. 1K is a nice little chunk of change, but who knows how long that second round is going to take to get to the dealerships.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I do have a spot reserved in my garage for my Grom. I've talked with my other bikes and they are excited to have a new family member. I would have to keep the Grom for a while, I would'nt want to disapoint my other motorcycles, they would be sad:crying:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Am I missing something? Just stating I can possibly help someone if they REALLY want one but don't get one when they want it ... I'm buying and keeping mine until the plastic rots through and wouldn't look to flip the other one for profit. There's an unclaimed GROM that will be coming in with a powerhouse dealer on the first shipment, take what you want out of that. Ride Motorsports.
This right here. Someone needs to jump at his offer to help someone out!!

My roommate has asked me the same question. I don't want to sell it. I said the only thing that would make me sell it would be $5000 cash. If you want it that bad, you can have it. Other than that, it is MINE!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hmm. If it is in such high demand, you will pay more for it, so there would be no profit for you. Dealers will add a bunch of stuff bringing the bike way over MSRP. You think you are going to sell it to someone else and charge them shipping, set-up, originiation fee, dealer prep? The bike will be worth much less the minute you ride it off the lot.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Hmm. If it is in such high demand, you will pay more for it, so there would be no profit for you. Dealers will add a bunch of stuff bringing the bike way over MSRP. You think you are going to sell it to someone else and charge them shipping, set-up, originiation fee, dealer prep? The bike will be worth much less the minute you ride it off the lot.
I disagree. Not all dealers are tacking on huge fees. If demand is high enough, those of us at the top of the list might be able to make some coin if we really really wanted to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts