Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a 2022 Grom and have ran across a few Comments and videos of people having strange noises and transmission problems with the new Groms. Would like to hear from anyone with a new 2022 Grom (that you have put some miles on) whether you have had any issues.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here's some reference history I've been posting elsewhere which might provide you some insight for your upcoming 22.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

After 6400 miles I think my engine is broken in enough to where what ever problems or noises that would have manifested ...should have by now. I've had zero problems or issues outside of a noisy OEM chain since new that I corrected around 3700 miles with an aftermarket U-Ring chain replacement.

Wheel Train Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

The rear stock IRC tire before I completely wore away the center-cut groove to a bald slick state. Replaced it with a Power Pure SC 140 around 4500 miles and will address the front tire at the appropriate time, as it still has plenty of meat left on it.

Automotive tire Tire Hood Sleeve Gesture

At 600 miles I installed a Gold magnetic drain bolt which caught some metal bits when I checked it at 2800 miles. It hasn't revealed anything to note since that oil change.

Silver Household hardware Body jewelry Circle Jewellery

I'm convinced the magnetic bolt is the reason no metal bits showed up on my screen when I checked it at 6000 miles

Material property Gas Rectangle Font Metal

Arguably no performance modifications on my bike even with the slip-on Yosh, just for the "Bling" and "Drama"

Once, I did have fluid show up in the catch cup under the air box, but it only happened while experimenting with 12 volt heated clothing in 47 degree Fahrenheit temperatures on a couple 30 mile rides at WOT. The service manual mentions this can be expected while riding WOT excessively. Guilty. Never happened outside of the extreme low temperature riding though.

Liquid Drinkware Bottle Fluid Glass bottle

Compared to my OG '14 the '22 RR runs like a bat out of Hell and it just seems to be getting stronger as the engine matures. I did a slow conservative break-in.

Keeping the engine mechanics stock thus far has made my experience on this bike endlessly entertaining. I don't think I'll ever tire of it, as it's capabilities are what makes my rides on rural back roads so "interesting."

Lastly, the spark plug didn't reveal any surprises when I pulled it at 6000 miles, but I'm not a gear head so I won't pretend to really know what I'm looking for

Household hardware Automotive tire Gas Auto part Nickel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some reference history I've been posting elsewhere which might provide you some insight for your upcoming 22.

View attachment 91341

After 6400 miles I think my engine is broken in enough to where what ever problems or noises that would have manifested ...should have by now. I've had zero problems or issues outside of a noisy OEM chain since new that I corrected around 3700 miles with an aftermarket U-Ring chain replacement.

View attachment 91342

The rear stock IRC tire before I completely wore away the center-cut groove to a bald slick state. Replaced it with a Power Pure SC 140 around 4500 miles and will address the front tire at the appropriate time, as it still has plenty of meat left on it.

View attachment 91347

At 600 miles I installed a Gold magnetic drain bolt which caught some metal bits when I checked it at 2800 miles. It hasn't revealed anything to note since that oil change.

View attachment 91343

I'm convinced the magnetic bolt is the reason no metal bits showed up on my screen when I checked it at 6000 miles

View attachment 91344

Arguably no performance modifications on my bike even with the slip-on Yosh, just for the "Bling" and "Drama"

Once, I did have fluid show up in the catch cup under the air box, but it only happened while experimenting with 12 volt heated clothing in 47 degree Fahrenheit temperatures on a couple 30 mile rides at WOT. The service manual mentions this can be expected while riding WOT excessively. Guilty. Never happened outside of the extreme low temperature riding though.

View attachment 91345

Compared to my OG '14 the '22 RR runs like a bat out of Hell and it just seems to be getting stronger as the engine matures. I did a slow conservative break-in.

Keeping the engine mechanics stock thus far has made my experience on this bike endlessly entertaining. I don't think I'll ever tire of it, as it's capabilities are what makes my rides on rural back roads so "interesting."

Lastly, the spark plug didn't reveal any surprises when I pulled it at 6000 miles, but I'm not a gear head so I won't pretend to really know what I'm looking for

View attachment 91346
Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed response.I really appreciate it!Do you have a link to purchase the adapters that you have on the swingarm that the spools mount to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed response.I really appreciate it!Do you have a link to purchase the adapters that you have on the swingarm that the spools mount to?
Those are spooled chain adjusters from TST Industries. Go to their site and filter for Honda, Grom, 2022, and enjoy the list of doodads they offer for this model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts