Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking to buy a 2022, but wondering if this is a common problem. a decent amount of people in the YT comments seem to be having this issue.
looks like its happening after riding for a bit and in 4/5 gear

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine does not make sounds like that. No issues so far, but still only have 225 miles on it though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Grom started doing the same noise today. I rode into town about 30 minutes. Then coming home it started making that exact noise. Did it for a couple of miles. I had to stop to come into the gate of our community and it stopped just as quick as it started.

My Grom is bone stock and only with les than 200 miles on it.

If it keeps it up, it will be back at the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, mine started this today. Around 50 miles on odometer. Same exact setup and symptoms. 20+minutes of riding without issue. Had a decently long run in 5th when I noticed it. Was not at WOT prior to issue. Noise stays until downshifting into 2nd. Doesn't return until I get into 5th again, but will stay until downshifting all the way to 2nd. Definitely transmission/clutch related. Not engine. Noise fluctuates with speed and gearing, not with engine RPMs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I emailed my dealer about this and sent them the youtube clip to hear the sound. The owner of the dealer is a friend of mine and his son is head of sales and service, so I'm confident they will contact Honda about it to see what is going on with these. I can't imagine with all the units this seems to be happening with that Honda can pretend long that its not an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts