Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this little jewel a couple days ago and man, what a fun little bike!! I also have a 2017 Duke 390, this is the bike that made me think twice before the purchase of the Monkey since they're so close in price but they're obviously very different motorcycles, I think they compliment each other well. I know that 7 times out of 10, I'll grab the Monkey because it's just so convenient to zip around on, the Duke actually feels a little harsh after riding the Monkey, both fun in their own way though. Anyways, glad to be part of the Monkey family!!

monkey.jpg monkey1.jpg duke 390.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy! Is it a 19 or 20? I haven't heard of anyone with a 2020 model yet. What was your out the door price? Im just wondering if dealerships are still standing firm on the price. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on your new toy! Is it a 19 or 20? I haven't heard of anyone with a 2020 model yet. What was your out the door price? Im just wondering if dealerships are still standing firm on the price. Thanks!
Thanks!! It's a 2019 non abs, I paid $3799 plus tax and tag, my total was a little over $4,200 so not bad, I used to work at that shop but it was tagged $3799 so anyone can get that price, they didn't have yellow:/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice! Any plans for it or keeping it stock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Any plans for it or keeping it stock?
Probably not, plans are basic however, pipe/intake tune, and firstly, suspension, I'm "husky" according to my mother (215lbs) so I bottom the suspension out easily, not sure if it's common but I get a loud bang coming from the front end when I hit even moderate bumps, I pretty much have to come to a stop before hitting any sort of bump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I weigh more than you and I've learned how to ride this bike with my weight. Stopping is much easier now that I've been on this bike for a few months. I do occasionally bottom out on the rear in a few select places but never on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts