Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really enjoying this bike, but its not quite what I expected. The front end is very soft and the rear very stiff. I understand rear brakes are supposed to be 30% of stopping, but these rear brakes feel like 0%. Top speed is lower than I was expecting, but for an in town commuter I dont really need to do more that 55. I topped out at 57 per the speedo and I could not get it past 7k rpms on flats. The speedo said 57 but it did feel like I was still accelerating so At some point I will have someone follow and see what the true top is. My bike wobbles over 52 mph. The riding position is high, reminds me of my old kawi 650r. With the high ride height and the soft front end, quick braking really throws me forward.

I know this seems like a lot of negatives, but the bike really is fun to ride. I bought it for an in town commuter and weekend joyrider and I think it fits that bill perfectly. If there is anything specific someone wants me to test let me know and Ill do it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, this is kind of discouraging..

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.
A bit I suppose, but the bike is still a lot of fun to ride. Maybe after the break in period it will get better. In my head I created a mini super bike and what I got was a 125cc gas sipper. Its not a bad bike I just built it up too much in my head.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just dont like the idea that 2 people are complaining about wobble.

Yeah I know. On the ride home from the dealership I thought it was just the road, but after today its definitely the bike. A friend of mine bought one as well and hopefully tomorrow I can steal his for a few and check his for wobbles.

·
Registered
918 Posts
But I wonder why we have heard no complaints from the people across the way with MSXs..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Someone from England who has had the MSX125 a few weeks now mentioned the wobble as well, so that makes 3 I've read about. I think we can all expect the Grom wobble. "Grom wobble". Remember you heard it here first. I may have been the first to name the Ninja 300 problem, the Ninja Stall as well. That turned out to be a recall problem...after 8 months and someone getting rear ended. Wobble= not good, and maybe not safe. Are you reading this HONDA??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts