Honda Grom banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I like the simple/subtle style of your bike and not over the top like an attention whore.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net
thanks.. the theme im going for is all black and blue... i have a few more pieces to that puzzle to finish.. the front forks.. exhaust.. and rear sets.. all will be black one day.. but for now.. this is how it sits..

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
added a H2C rack the other day that I got from a buddy who had an extra he didnt need..

I see a little of the last hole on the stretch, bang it forward!!! What lowering link is that, 2" or 2.5" ?
i set everything back and adjusted the chain.. thanks for the heads up.. i checked photos from the ride the day after install and now and it had moved quite a bit.. now its all fixed :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey can I ask you roughly the cost of new plastic? That colour is trick and any problems with rear signals getting heated up from new exhaust? I just installed a "Big Gun Evo S" full exhaust, absolutely love the sounds and looks of it (installing a Bazazz, it's on order so I can get some performance out of it as well) however, I picked up a Tyga "Tidy Tail" Fender Eliminator, with signals, from my Honda dealer and it's got the signals so damn close to the exhaust tip, I backed everything out and put the stocker back on, reluctantly (yesterday). Just curious about your plastic and any issues with melting of signals?? Thanks from Brad in Vancouver BC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey can I ask you roughly the cost of new plastic? That colour is trick and any problems with rear signals getting heated up from new exhaust? I just installed a "Big Gun Evo S" full exhaust, absolutely love the sounds and looks of it (installing a Bazazz, it's on order so I can get some performance out of it as well) however, I picked up a Tyga "Tidy Tail" Fender Eliminator, with signals, from my Honda dealer and it's got the signals so damn close to the exhaust tip, I backed everything out and put the stocker back on, reluctantly (yesterday). Just curious about your plastic and any issues with melting of signals?? Thanks from Brad in Vancouver BC

SORRY ABOUT SENDING THIS 2X AND NOW SEE YOUR EXHAUST SO DISREGARD - THANKS !

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I like it. Clean and subtle. What did you use, paint, plastidip, vinyl wrap? Is that a Corbin seat - and if so, how are the diamond stitches holding up?
thanks.. i made a vinyl wrap for it.. was going to do plastidip but didnt want to take the whole front end apart to get the forks out to do it.. as for the seat its one from thailand.. feels so much better than stock.. i only have about 300 miles on the seat so i hope the stitching holds up well.. :)

·
Banned
489 Posts
Where's the pics? All I'm seeing are broken images for most of the first 3/4 pages of this thread. Just a heads up. I'd like to see more about the stretch you put on your Grom and hear more on your thoughts now that you've ridden it more. Diffferences in handling, feel etc... . I talked to John (Composimo) today and he mentioned you went conservative and kept the stock ride height. I'm thinking the same for mine.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Where's the pics? All I'm seeing are broken images for most of the first 3/4 pages of this thread. Just a heads up. I'd like to see more about the stretch you put on your Grom and hear more on your thoughts now that you've ridden it more. Diffferences in handling, feel etc... . I talked to John (Composimo) today and he mentioned you went conservative and kept the stock ride height. I'm thinking the same for mine.
sorry not on here much.. most of the photos were linked to fb and fb changed the way pics are handled with urls so thats why they dont appear.. suxs but too many to go back thru and fix..

i was stock for 1500+ miles then went stretch.. i have over 5000+ miles on stretch with not one single problem with handling in curves..etc.. in fact it feels more stable with stretch then without.. we did put a 2.5" lower link but i stayed front stock.. i like how it looks and it feels great.. didnt want to go too low..

·
Banned
489 Posts
Cool, thanks for replying back. My second bike has the same setup, but it came needing a engine so I have'nt had a chance to ride it yet. It'll be a interesting first ride when I get it back on the road.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
got a few goodies and installed them over the weekend.. finally removed the airbox and got a got a Brocks setup with chimera with spring filter and an alien head exhaust in black.. my mission is to black out everything that i possibly can.. next i need a fuel controller.. here are a few photos from this past weekend..

12341181_1026559370742160_1453762536031839783_n.jpg 12304495_1026561397408624_7897509186184927389_o.jpg

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
very cool, waiting for my second Finbro 183 to come from Thailand for more R n D of the head, changing the valve springs to duel and updating the cam and polishing the head a lot better than the Thai's did.

Blue should be faster one day

Waiting for my bung to be welded on my Finbro pipe so I can install it on the Blue grom

It's going to be one fast Blue grom out West.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts