Honda Grom banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Your Grom looks bitchen and cool looking with the stretch and I like the low mounted exhaust.

Keep up the great build/mods and ride safe
thanks Cisco.. i got a few more things to do to get it where i want it.. i just did one today..

Blue LED mod on the speedo.. my iphone will not take a pic of what it actually looks like but lets just say it looks awesome.. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
BlueRidge, thank you for an actual picture of a Grom in its crate. As you can see, the bike is fully assembled, except for mirrors...next time a "Dealer" - >interesting that when I was a kid I also ran into "dealers"<, tries to explain to you how the "Assembly" charge in a new bike costs $600.00, explain to them that in some countries they chop off people's hands for stealing.I understand micro and macro economics, well I have a degree in Finance, but I don't think Honda USA would approve of the current practices. If they do, I may go buy a Yamaha....I know they make great pianos....call this a brant and yes, I am venting but come on....50% premium on anything above MSRP means you should pass...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
BlueRidge, thank you for an actual picture of a Grom in its crate. As you can see, the bike is fully assembled, except for mirrors...next time a "Dealer" - >interesting that when I was a kid I also ran into "dealers"<, tries to explain to you how the "Assembly" charge in a new bike costs $600.00, explain to them that in some countries they chop off people's hands for stealing.I understand micro and macro economics, well I have a degree in Finance, but I don't think Honda USA would approve of the current practices. If they do, I may go buy a Yamaha....I know they make great pianos....call this a brant and yes, I am venting but come on....50% premium on anything above MSRP means you should pass...
yah.. someone posted today that they went to buy a grom at a dealer.. but was struck down when he offered $3500 and they wanted $4000... that is crazy.. mine was 3250 OTD including tags..taxes.. fees.. there is no setup really except putting on mirrors and making sure it runs.. wash it.. inspect it.. done..

I need a favor from you.. can you get a good side shot of your grom with the case on... i am going to photoshop it onto my grom to see what it will look like :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
hmm.. played around in photoshop and added the box with the rack to see what it would look like using your photo.. with the box it sure would keep the rain off me.. hah

grmo-with-rack.jpg

when i get the rack I will install and take a pic but for now this is just an example of what it would look like if i mounted a box with the rack

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found that one can also use the box as a mobile cooler. Fill it with ice and the beverages of your and your buddies' choice and voila! I have already had a lot of "big box" comments....glad I didn't do for the 50l box....;)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I found that one can also use the box as a mobile cooler. Fill it with ice and the beverages of your and your buddies' choice and voila! I have already had a lot of "big box" comments....glad I didn't do for the 50l box....;)
lol.. a buddy of mine has a big ruckus.. he has a cooler on the back of his.. he keeps ice and carries drinks for us.. :)

141 - 160 of 199 Posts