Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting all the tools I need to install my clutch and about fell over when I saw the price for Honda's gear jamming tool. $92 plus shipping and approx 3 weeks to get! I looked at Motion Pro's gear jammer which is a more reasonable $14 plus shipping but not sure it will work in the grom's gears.

Does anyone have experience with the Motion Pro gear jammer or am I going to have to bite the bullet and drop almost $100 on honda's tool?

·
Registered
15 Posts
id check ali-express or like site, it's nothing short of robbery what some places charge for a simple tool. yes, quality goes a long way, but...

also, wouldn't something like this sorta-work?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree on the robbery part. $92 plus shipping for a tiny little piece of metal is nuts. The Kitaco price is more reasonable but the shipping is almost double the cost of the tool.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Have you used this for the clutch? I'm wondering how well it worked. I don't see how this tool can hold the clutch housing with the oil separator plate in the way.

I'm thinking you hold the spinner with this and torque everything down once its all back together.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just dont forget to take it out before you put your side case back on.... dont ask me how i know that.

(i didnt start the motor but got it all buttoned up and went.... gawd damnit!)
Haha! Sounds like something I would do. When doing my forks I got the last leg all buttoned up and my girlfriend was like “what is this?” I forgot to put the stupid O-ring in the bottom when installing the lower! I just looked at her like someone pissed in my Cheerios and said “hand me the torch”.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts