Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Been looking and thinking about purchasing a grom. However, am I too big for one? I stand at 6’3” tall and 220lbs. Your thoughts please? I’m not interested in top speed, more like riding around my small town for fun. Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't think you are too big, some are bigger than you and still ride Groms. I do think you will want a flat seat so you can slide to the back, and probably shorter handlebars too. Even before I bought my 99$ flat seat off of amazon I used to sit where the passenger goes when cruising. Now I have the flat seat and TRS drag bars, Driven rearsets. It is quite comfortable for me at 6'1"

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I’m the same height as you and 5lbs heavier. I love the grom. As mentioned you’ll need a flat seat (I did the seat concepts one) and different bars (I run the protaper klx110 bars). You’ll be golden as far as comfort after that. Stock with no performance mods expect a top speed of 50mph. Our height basically turns us into a giant kite on these things. Wind drag is a bitch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope you're not too big because I've got 50 lbs on you and love mine I added Ohlins shock and a fork kit and 2 inches of foam to the seat and I love it

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts