Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Stood up to adjust my shorts, it felt like my feet were slipping, After I got back I felt the peg and they seem to be just a pocket of rubber with no core so they mush around everywhere when you put weight on them.. Was this only weird to me??
Are you riding in shorts?!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
i know i shouldnt, but i do shorts only.... with a riding jacket... and helmet

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just got mine back from having the wheels balanced. Those foot pegs are awful. So I did something about it.

Most bikes have damn near universal fit in pegs. So I pulled some off my 1st gen Suzuki SV650. It takes a bit of filing on the stop but they're a lot lower and more comfortable than those pillow balloons.

The Grom peg:
1377379695415.jpg

The SV peg:
1377379760909.jpg

If I don't like the rubber, and to better match the rear pegs, this is what's underneath:
1377379814074.jpg

Off to deal with that rear shock.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well I have long legs. So anything I can do to lower the pegs a bit helps. The pillows are just too thick and felt like standing on a flat tire.

These pegs drop the height ~1/4". A further option is Buell XB foot pegs. There's another ~3/4" in drop.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't think I have a problem with the pegs now. But I don't really like the brake pedal. Seems like there should be rubber on that or it should be bigger. Feel like I'm going to miss it sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts