Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there is a hipster coffee shop in Bangkok called the Cub House that has all the Monkey and Cub custom parts for sale. On display is an extremely sexy looking G Craft frame. Who is going to be first to purchase?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've always wondered about these...

If you buy a new custom frame like this, it's technically a new bike. Needs a new vin, registration, plates, and insurance. The frame "is" the bike by law more or less.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remember correctly, the G Craft one for the Grom is actually heavier than stock. Just the price you gotta pay to be the brightest bastard around...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always wondered about these...

If you buy a new custom frame like this, it's technically a new bike. Needs a new vin, registration, plates, and insurance. The frame "is" the bike by law more or less.
That's how it is here in Hawaii(Oahu) Unless its a OEM/ original manufacture replacement frame from Honda,etc., then it would have to go thru a lot of red tape; pay state tax of new frame value, DMV paper work(have veh. weighted, paid tax receipt, MSO,??) and then on to DOT for inspection/approval> The motorcycle will then be registered by whoever the frame manufacturer is( in this case, no longer a Honda Monkey, but now a G Craft motorcycle) Ive built aftermarket Harley clones using Craftech and Paughco frames Though they may have a Harley engine & tranny, they end up being registered as what the frame is May be different elsewhere in the other states???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Or just do not tell anyone. What if I built it myself. I built a frame from pieces plus new work long ago for a conversion of a SL125 to a MX bike. Course, it was not licensed being a racing bike but what if it had been streetable.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Apparently there is a hipster coffee shop in Bangkok called the Cub House that has all the Monkey and Cub custom parts for sale. On display is an extremely sexy looking G Craft frame. Who is going to be first to purchase?
Easy, PERZBENZ! :big smile:

If I remember correctly, the G Craft one for the Grom is actually heavier than stock. Just the price you gotta pay to be the brightest bastard around...
The GCraft Grom frame is lighter by 1.3kg (7.5 vs 8.8 stock). That's not so much but still.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
125. There are more pics of it fully assembled on G crafts Instagram page. So far from my research it is not yet available for purchase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts