Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out the door just before 7pm central. Drove it home using the longest, most convoluted path I could come up with. I now have about 40 miles on it. I wish there was a place to put my wallet or phone. I guess I'll have to fix that. Needs a better seat and louder exhaust. I really wanted a black one, but this red looks better in person that I thought it would. Still need to get the white skins in. Without a doubt, it needs a tidy tail. This growth on the back has to go.

Hit 55 on flat ground tucked down. 260, a little over 6 feet tall. Hit 57 or 58 downhill, but that was quickly squashed by another uphill.

Ignore the messy garage.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Good for you. Thats for the brief ride report.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Got out the door just before 7pm central. Drove it home using the longest, most convoluted path I could come up with. I now have about 40 miles on it. I wish there was a place to put my wallet or phone. I guess I'll have to fix that. Needs a better seat and louder exhaust. I really wanted a black one, but this red looks better in person that I thought it would. Still need to get the white skins in. Without a doubt, it needs a tidy tail. This growth on the back has to go.

Hit 55 on flat ground tucked down. 260, a little over 6 feet tall. Hit 57 or 58 downhill, but that was quickly squashed by another uphill.

Ignore the messy garage.

haha i like the pink girls bike in between the two real bikes!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think maybe 6... if anything I would put on a bigger front sprocket to get it a little more torque. It red lines at 9, I think, so there's plenty of room to get it a little more oomph. Going up steep hills in 4th gear is iffy if the speed limit is 50.

IKwan... my 3 year old HAS to have her bike with Dad's bikes. There's a third in front her hers, then a few more behind that. :big smile:

Next to my Z50...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Sweet z50 monkey bike. I wanted one but because they are a collectors item. they are always $800-$1500 on CL in houston.

which do you like better? z50 or grom so far?

My 5 year use to do the same thing. Daddy I going put my motorcycle next to yours ( when i had a zuma he didn't know the difference yet.) It is now sitting in his room charging.

I think maybe 6... if anything I would put on a bigger front sprocket to get it a little more torque. It red lines at 9, I think, so there's plenty of room to get it a little more oomph. Going up steep hills in 4th gear is iffy if the speed limit is 50.

IKwan... my 3 year old HAS to have her bike with Dad's bikes. There's a third in front her hers, then a few more behind that. :big smile:

Next to my Z50...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Z50 is a blast! It has a 125 with a race head on it. IT's a lot more punchy. It's not NEARLY as stable as the Grom, though. The Z50 at 50mph is nuts, 50 on the Grom feels normal.

Biggest advantage of the Grom is that it's street legal out of the box! I'm sure I'll ride the Grom more often, but only because it's legal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Up hills? Steep hills it drops down to 42 or so, and on an upward grade I can stay at about 47 if I lean a bit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts