Honda Grom banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Back to the monkey vids; I had previously made a video about installing a speedohealer, but after all of the mods since then I needed to put it back on. But, in the middle of doing that I stripped the threads out of both ports of the Kitaco 3-row Oil Cooler, so had to deal with that as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like how you ride the Monkey like it’s a “real” dirt bike. I always tell myself I’m going to ride sanely, but I forget and hooligan around on the street. I can’t bring myself to ride the Pimp Chimp hard off-road.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Just a simple install this week, nothing fancy. Some bar end weights for the monkey, but just the install and some quiet time in the garage.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I like how you ride the Monkey like it’s a “real” dirt bike. I always tell myself I’m going to ride sanely, but I forget and hooligan around on the street. I can’t bring myself to ride the Pimp Chimp hard off-road.
Thanks, the best part of the monkey is just how small and fun it is, so getting out and just riding it is so much fun.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
A quick update on the bar end weights and the new oil cooler while I rode around Denver taking photos of the Monkey:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Swapped the clutch plates for SMR 6-pack to see if that helps with the overall clutch feel. So far no real idea how much it helps but it also let me take a look at the filters and those were nice and clean.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Made some aesthetic changes to the monkey with TST flushmount front turn signals, and their integrated read tail light. Really happy with the results.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I got sick late last week, so instead of doing the bigger projects I had lined up I went ahead and installed some new bar end weights on the Monkey as well as a couple projects on my Scrambler. But mostly I just rode around in the smoke from the Cameron Peak Fire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Finally installed the Takegawa dash on my Monkey. As much as I loved the blinking eyes of the stock dash, I probably should have installed this a while back just to have all of the information it shows:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Went back to look at the clutch issues I've been having with the new SMR plates. Seems that the lifter plate was the problem, just a 1.5mm difference was all of the difference. The Kevtek plate is working great so far.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Finally just did a review on my Biltwell ****** S ECE helmet rather than doing any major work on the bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Replaced the stock mirrors, installed a Hella horn, and then moved my oil temp sensor from my drain plug into the oil line itself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
It's been a bit, life being life, but finally did some work on the bike. Swapped the MTake with the Chimera Intake and wanted to see if I could move the Oil Cooler up. Was nice to at least get in the garage for a bit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I've been away for a bit, lots going on. Of course, during that I decided to get over-zealous in torquing down one of the timing hole caps and ripped the flange off.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,481 Posts
Lol, i did the exact same thing. Very easy to do. Now I have DingerBuilt Titanium timing plugs.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Not a build this week, instead just talking about how I haven't really wanted to build anything. But figured I should save it here since it's part of my overall build.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Slightly off topic, except that it affects how I motovlog and maybe others might want some ideas for their helmet setup.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts